Possible solution for "blue screen" X1600 cards

pupdawg

1 post in this topic

Hello...

I have managed to make myself a 100% working OSX solution...

Currently I'm using 10.4.8 AMD SSE3 kernel and 10.4.4 ATI kexts everything is 100% with my

Sapphire X1600 Pro even the ripple effects :construction: Finaly.

There was a problem when I would boot into OSX it would show me a blue screen and sit there. I found a solution so I wanted to post it for others with similar configurations.

In my BIOS I changed my Hyper-Transport setting to Fail-Safe settings 400Mhz/400Mhz and bingo it boots to the desktop and everything seems just as fast... just to make sure I changed the setting back to Optimal 1000Mhz/800Mhz and the blue screen was back... OSX must not handle the fast hyper-transport timmings.

Anyone know of a way to keep the optimal timmings and still boot into OSX ???

UPDATE:

I started a fresh install last night and set me BIOS to use the Optimum settings and it seems that after everything is installed and I update using the JAS 10.4.8 AMD SSE3 Only everything is working fine... then I do a Software Update and it updates iTunes(7.02) and Quicktime(7.1.3)....then I need to slow down the Hypertransport bus or else I get the Blue Screen.

I've repeated this many times and it's something to do with these updates and the speed of Hyper Transport.

I have not Idea but the system does not seem any slower but I have not ran any benchmarks.

Anyway I hope this info might help others that see this Blue Sceen after bootup