How to remove "Boot osx install" option from Clover after update?

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I just installed the incremental update from the App Store.

Now I have an extra option in Clover "Boot osx install" which is default, and I want to remove it.

Also boot time is now very slow on the apple logo when choosing the normal "Boot from High Sierra". Used to be around 5-10 seconds, now around 60 seconds.

I tried deleting “.IAProductInfo” from root with no effect. I notice there is a “Mac OS install data” folder too.

Any ideas please?

PS - Also how do I donate to the forum? Much friendlier here than other forums!! :)

CLOVER.zip

Hi everyone,

I just installed the incremental update from the App Store.

Now I have an extra option in Clover "Boot osx install" which is default, and I want to remove it.

Also boot time is now very slow on the apple logo when choosing the normal "Boot from High Sierra". Used to be around 5-10 seconds, now around 60 seconds.

I tried deleting “.IAProductInfo” from root with no effect. I notice there is a “Mac OS install data” folder too.

Any ideas please?

PS - Also how do I donate to the forum? Much friendlier here than other forums!! :)

boot OSX instal from "your disk name" should be mean you have a faulty installation update

so you should boot from that icon to complete your update

if you don't want it you can delete Mac OS install data and that voice should go away

boot OSX instal from "your disk name" should be mean you have a faulty installation update

so you should boot from that icon to complete your update

if you don't want it you can delete Mac OS install data and that voice should go away

Hi fabiosun,

When I selected “Boot from OS X install” it loads a message to say error with install, I just assumed I should not boot from that option.

I will try deleting “Mac OS install data” folder, should I have also deleted “IAProductInfo” ?

Maybe you should reinstall or do you have macOSX instal.pkg corruption error?

An update appeared in the AppStore for 10.3.2 incremental update, I’ve run it and the option has now disappeared from clover and it’s installing. Maybe due to deleting IAProductInfo file?

You were right it was a failed update problem. Next I want to look at DSDT.

Ps it’s now rebooted and some setup screens, and back to desktop. Just installing latest NVIDIA drivers.

you can delete it from Preboot partition.

i think it is a bug in the installer.

Hi Trueman, that would make sense, worked fine for me just now :)
  • Like 1