Natit (neo's) patch doesn't work on 7300 GS (dev id 01df), and all ATI X1x000 (neo's) don't work on Saphire x1600 Pro PCIe 512 Mb (dev id 71c2)

mdg

3 posts in this topic

Software:

Just installed the 10.4.8 with mikfi (tried semthex but got the crash on about this mac).

Hardware:

ASrock 945G-DVI

Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4 Ghz not overclocked)

2x1Gb Super Talent Ram

Saphire x1600 Pro PCIe 512 Mb (dev id 71c2)

-or-

nVidia 7300 GS (dev id 01df)

What I'm trying to do is get this combo (everything else is immaterial) working with DVI

Here's what happens with the Saphire:

All of Neo's ATI1X000 patches work (bors 3.2 through the most recent) -- just no DVI. I have to use the DVI to VGA dongle, and this is unacceptable. I need DVI.

The Nitan patch (Neo's site) doesn't work on the above card with vendor id 10de and device id 01df. DVI goes dark. If I plug in the converter (DVI > VGA) screen looks garbled, so there is some output but junk.

I also have the the about this mac problem --> it doesn't crash, in fact it shows correct CPU, but when I click on "Hardware" it shows "There was an error while gathering this information"

Any brave souls out there want to help this idiot (and 100's more like me who are waiting for some solutions)? :blink:

Thanks!

Software:

Just installed the 10.4.8 with mikfi (tried semthex but got the crash on about this mac).

Hardware:

ASrock 945G-DVI

Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4 Ghz not overclocked)

2x1Gb Super Talent Ram

Saphire x1600 Pro PCIe 512 Mb (dev id 71c2)

-or-

nVidia 7300 GS (dev id 01df)

What I'm trying to do is get this combo (everything else is immaterial) working with DVI

Here's what happens with the Saphire:

All of Neo's ATI1X000 patches work (bors 3.2 through the most recent) -- just no DVI. I have to use the DVI to VGA dongle, and this is unacceptable. I need DVI.

The Nitan patch (Neo's site) doesn't work on the above card with vendor id 10de and device id 01df. DVI goes dark. If I plug in the converter (DVI > VGA) screen looks garbled, so there is some output but junk.

I also have the the about this mac problem --> it doesn't crash, in fact it shows correct CPU, but when I click on "Hardware" it shows "There was an error while gathering this information"

Any brave souls out there want to help this idiot (and 100's more like me who are waiting for some solutions)? :blink:

Thanks!

Fix for the "About this..."

Restore from 10.4.4: /System/Library/CoreService/loginwindow.app and

/System/Library/SystemProfiler/SSPlatformReporter.spreporter

By

About this...

I had another working machine with 10.4.7 from where I copied the mentioned files. Had to delete the login file first because I was getting an error. Thanks for this fix!

Any suggestions for video cards to get DVI? In another machine I have a Visiontek X1600XT 512 Mb PCIe and day 1 it worked with DVI. I just can't find that card anywhere now, so I'm looking for another card for DVI.

Any input appreciated. Thanks!