osx intel native boot questions

madj

14 posts in this topic

As far as I know Apple always uses USB on they're keyboards so I don't think OSX even understands the PS/2 interface anymore...

Hook up a USB keyboard and then see... by the way, is your mouse on PS/2 or USB?

Check this

[Link removed to comply with DMCA]

Edited by 0uch!p0tat0

ok let me explain how i installed os x 86

i used the DD method of the tiger-x86-flat.img

it went with no problem i installed it to my second hard drive

ok so i reboot and go into the bios and set it to boot from the second disk .. ez

it starts to boot up and i get the grey boot sceen with the apple and progress thing turning.then i get a white box over the center top of the apple and then nothing happens anyone know why.

any help would be gr8

thanks in advance

oh and i did try the -x boot option :huh:

Nope.. It's probably the same error some people have been experimenting.. the 'Still waiting for root device'. Measure the time it takes to display that in -v mode. And measure the time you get till the white box with a 'restricted' icon appears. It's probably the same amount of time or something really similar... No one has come with a fix to this thought. Could it be some ata driver problem?

hi i have osx booting nativly on my box installed it from the flat image

1 my keyboard doesn't work any idea's

2 is it possible to get itunes working i have a sse3 cpu

Thanks ppl  :D

I had a problem where I had USB keyboard support enabled in the BIOS and my keyboard didn't work, either. Onice I disabled it, tho, it worked like a charm. Try checking that...