Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst51

Got temporarily banned from tonymacx86.com

2 posts in this topic

Got temporarily banned earlier today from tonymacx86.com. Caught me totally by surprise!

The reason given was I had repeatedly violated the rules about a Signature. Specifically, that I had not listed my system information in the Signature. 

Scratching my head because I had indeed listed my system information from the very beginning in my Signature. 

The ironic thing was I was in the process of updating my Sig when I got the banned notice. So I tried to look up the pertinent rules for Signatures but of course, I could not go there because I was shut out.

One of the mods replied to my last post before the ban saying I was not in compliance but I still don't know in what way. Like a lot of people I have been experimenting with High Sierra on different systems lately so my posts contained questions about various combinations I was using but my main rig specs were in the Sig all along.

Supposedly, the ban will be lifted tomorrow so I can find out more specifics. Wow, kind of floored! They must have some very specific rules about the format of a Sig over there. Not use to that. I spend most of my time over at Overclockers.com where a Sig is encouraged but not mandatory.

Advertisement

Hi

Generally speaking, if they have rules, just respect them or if you can't, then just leave. Coming back here crying to us will not fix things between you and tonymac site.

Please, keep your problems between you, if you have any.  Cordially.

fantomas1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By PookyMacMan
      Many users wonder why we do not support tonymac's products here at InsanelyMac. The reason is that we believe he is a commercial spin-off of the OSx86 scene, and it's not in the spirit of OSx86 to have commercial intents with development.
      These are the main reasons why we don't approve posting his material here (why he's a commercial spin-off):
      1. His software is not open source. This is often confused because most people equate open source software with free software. This is definitely true, but it doesn't grasp the entire scope of open source; open source also includes releasing source code for the product, which tonymac fails to do. The OSx86 community believes everything should be open source.
      2. The construction of his site is set up with emphasis on donation buttons and (affiliate) links to Amazon and Newegg, hinting at interests of profit.
      3. The intent of gaining profits is basically confirmed by marketing his projects with suggestions of donations as though he deserves it, even though his products (most notably #####) is a compilation of products/drivers developed by others (not himself) that any non-programmer could put together.
      4. You must pay for the tonymac software. Although this may seem reasonable considering the effort involved in building a customized installer for specific computer builds, again, it is not in the spirit of OSx86 to charge for software development, so the wiser idea would most likely be not to offer that service at all. Even though it may be nice for newbies, in my opinion it does not encourage education but rather laziness. I say this because the OSx86 movement is designed as an educational movement, where by hacking Mac OS X you can learn more about the operating system works, how computers work, etc., like how many of us do. However, the purpose of OSx86 is not a way to get a cheap Mac, which I personally believe is encouraged by tonymac's software considering it is marketed to perform a task without any sort of explanation of how it works.
      From another perspective: http://prasys.info/2011/01/tonymac-seriously/ This covers one of the issues brought up by developers.
    • By Insanelymac_user_abc
      Hello, I was initially running a Hackintosh that I built and set up using TonyMac as a guide, but at the time I didn’t realize that TonyMac was closed-source.   So now I have an Intel chip PC ( Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache ) with a Gigabyte motherboard GA-Z87MX-D3H.  I would like to build a fresh Hackintosh setup using InsanelyMac as the guide, but I was wondering if there would be issues with my hardware and I was wondering where the best guide on InsanelyMac exists to do that..

I want to install OS X.11 El Capitan, but I notice that my Gigabyte motherboard ( GA-Z87MX-D3H ) has not been listed as a potential component for hardware compatibility for that OS:  http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.11.6    It is important that I install El Cap because certain software that I use is not compatible with newer OS’es.

I notice that this site doesn’t endorse TonyMac, yet it gives a link on the Installation Guide page ( http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Installation_Guides ) to the “Always up to date guide to building a Hackintosh” on Lifehacker ( http://lifehacker.com/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-building-a-hackintosh-o-5841604 )  which is a link that explains the TonyMac method of installation.  And also there isn’t any information supplied about installing OS X11 on the initial link in this paragraph even though a header exists on the page for it.

Where would the best information be for setting up an OS X11 installation which does’t use TonyMac?  Should I just follow the instructions for a previous version of OS X and hope for the best?

Am I better off giving my motherboard the priority or the OS version the priority when it comes to finding and choosing the instructions to follow since instructions don’t seem to exist for using both of them together?

This OS X.11 El Capitan forum that I’m posting on now doesn’t have any info about my motherboard — http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/503-osx86-1011-el-capitan/

… But the top pinned link on the forum seems to have important information but it doesn’t give enough background information for me to be able to make use of it.. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

.. But posts in other forums do exist which talk about my specific motherboard, including this post in Italian which explains how to install the previous OS X.10 on my motherboard..  https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.insanelymac.com%2Fforum%2Ftopic%2F306828-guida-installazione-mac-os-x-101x-clover-usb%2F

.. Is the above Italian link the best one I can follow to install OS X.11 even though it is for OS X.10?   In other words, where would be the best “InsanelyMac” introductory information be about creating a Hackintosh installer which uses Clover and not TonyMac for my motherboard?

Thanks for your help!

• By royalcrown
      Hi all,

As many of you probably are, I'm now upgrading to member after a ridiculous ban hammer.

I simply asked the mods to weigh in as to whether asking somebody for a legitimate MAS installer was piracy. My argument is that it isn't really piracy, considering Apple freely gave El capitan away as an upgrade. Then I asked, if the mods are okay with it, can someone give me an installer for El capitan, as I have all the rest of them, but sierra wasan't working for me.

Instead of just saying, that they feel it's piracy (I would be okay with their ruling),  ban hammer. Asinine !

Lets start a "How did you get banned of TM or take a survey and see how many members have been banned for fun" poll

Probably a lot of us !

• By DiodeCode
      Please Help Me! Thanks to all the help from my other forums post my Wi-Fi seems to work fine now! I hope I get that much help here!
      Anyway my problem is that my Asus K53E with OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 won't boot unless I plug in my USB and choose to boot from my HDD. If I try to do it without my USB it says something like "No Bootable Device Found, Plugin (maybe it said attach) any bootable device and then press any key". Any help is much appreciated.
    • By Richie086
      Hi all,

So I am trying to get a hackintosh running for a friend of mine and I am running into some issues.   Here is my hardware setup
      Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI LGA 1150 Intel Core i5-4430 Quad Core Haswell @ 3.0 Ghz 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz PC3-12800 240GB SSD I used the CustoMac Mini Deluxe build, the only thing I left out of the list was the video card, which was listed as optional

So, I originally tried to follow tonymac's tutorial which did not get me very far. During bootup after finishing the OS install, I would get a whole screen full of distorted lines and the process would not go any further.

So I decided to try another tutorial to try and get mavericks installed. The second time around, I used this tutorial for installing a vanilla OS X 10.9

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/

This tutorial seemed to be much better, but after I do the initial install of OSX onto my SSD (btw, the only way I could get the installer to load was via the –x  -f –v flag during boot) I am getting a kernel panic.   I have quite a bit of experience with UNIX/Linux so I am not at all afraid of the command line, but I have to admit some of the messages that get spit out in verbose boot make it sound like your computer is just about to commit suicide in some graphic and dramatic way.    Here is a screenshot of the kernel panic that I am running into (btw, this is also when I use the –x –v –f boot flags – for some reason it worked without issue the first time, but at the point of the tutorial where I am supposed to boot back into the installer and run a few things in terminal, I am not able to get back into the installer to load up the terminal application).

I should mention that when I view the boot process with the –v (verbose) flag, I do see some error messages that say something about the CPU not being compatible with the system, even though this processor is listed on the site that specs out hackintosh builds.
      Occasionally the boot process seems to get hung up on something related to Bluetooth as well, but I do not have a picture of the output readily available.   I can upload a pic when I get home from work tho (that is, if I can get it to fail in the same way)..

Any idea what is going on?