macOS Sierr/High Sierra ATi AMD HD 6570 glitching screen at boot installer

Yee

5 posts in this topic

Hello

I have trouble installing new system Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra 10.13.1 on my old legacy machine (old 775 socket without UEFI):

Gigabyte GA-G33-m DS2R

HIS HD 6570 1GB

Xeon E5430 (mod from 771 to 775)

disk GPT parted

To this time my graphic card work flawless with old MACOS X version like Yosemite or ElCaptain.

I never need injection, patch or kext to get full working resolution and acceleration.

Now i can not install new system (installer patched against legacy/mbr installation) - after booting with -v option my hardware is recognized, no hangs or kernel panic, but when installer want switch to GUI i got black-gliching screen with semi black&white snow.

AFAIK my graphic card is supported by Sierra/HighSierra (0x6759) - i tried many options with lilu.kext/WhatEverGreen.kext as well, without success.

No matter what my monitor (HP w2216) always ended witch gliching screen.

Any suggestion?

You should not have problem in Sierra but for HS you need to replace 4 kexts.

For Sierra I may propose you to exclude lilu/we and take Clover 4296 with new option RadeonDeInit=YES. Inject->ATI=NO

• Like 1

Thank You for help.

After install Sierra 10.12.6 with my build-in card intel 3100 (VGA mode) and removed ATI card I switched to new Clover and put back ATI card.

Clover 4297  with RadeonDeInit=Yes solved only partially my problem - now i can watch whole boot proces messages, GUI starts without gliches, but dark (blank)

• 2 weeks later...

You should not have problem in Sierra but for HS you need to replace 4 kexts.

For Sierra I may propose you to exclude lilu/we and take Clover 4296 with new option RadeonDeInit=YES. Inject->ATI=NO

Will work this method with Radeon RX 560?