10.13.1 Update woes

12 posts in this topic

So the update downloads, it does it's install sequence and reboots everything looks normal so far, but then it hangs at around 90% of the loading bar.

Rebooted verbose and find it is sitting at

kext stall[0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'

kext stall[1], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'

HS 10.13.1 doesn't like my i7-860 anymore?!?

So what do I need to do to fix this?

My first thought is SSDT, but the CPU is defined in my DSDT or so I thought.

post-1006983-0-05398700-1509804896_thumb.jpg

Guest ricoc90

yeah, NightShiftUnlocker gives a KP when booting installers.

You could also have used bootflag -nsuoff to turn NightShiftUnlocker off, since Lilu should work fine on 10.13.1 (otherwise you could have used bootflag -liluoff too)

yeah, NightShiftUnlocker gives a KP when booting installers.

You could also have used bootflag -nsuoff to turn NightShiftUnlocker off, since Lilu should work fine on 10.13.1 (otherwise you could have used bootflag -liluoff too)

I wonder if that was part of the issue with the update installer hanging with kext stall... would be nice to find out why I couldn't use the update method.

Guest ricoc90

I wonder if that was part of the issue with the update installer hanging with kext stall... would be nice to find out why I couldn't use the update method.

Mostly that indicates that FakeSMC isn’t injected

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mostly that indicates that FakeSMC isn’t injected

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Strange if it didn't inject, I would try again, but I am already on the latest OS... Maybe will have to wait and be solved by 10.13.3 or I can just keep making the installer and install over or clean install.

Guest ricoc90

Strange if it didn't inject, I would try again, but I am already on the latest OS... Maybe will have to wait and be solved by 10.13.3 or I can just keep making the installer and install over or clean install.

In earlier versions of Clover the macOS buildnumber wouldn't be detected if booting from the installer (or update) media, thus kexts from 10.13 weren't injected as reported here (and a couple of times before): http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=2526748

Injection would work fine if the kexts were in "Other"

This has been fixed in r4293

In earlier versions of Clover the macOS buildnumber wouldn't be detected if booting from the installer (or update) media, thus kexts from 10.13 weren't injected as reported here (and a couple of times before): http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=2526748

Injection would work fine if the kexts were in "Other"

This has been fixed in r4293

They were in other, I've updated clover and r4289 is showing as latest installer...

Are you building your own clover from source?

Guest ricoc90

Got a guide on building from source and is there a real benefit or do you encounter more bugs?

It might happen that you encounter a couple of bugs, so I always have the latest released Clover on an usb stick just in case.

If you don't like trouble I would stick by the latest release