Can't boot Ubuntu when selecting from Clover on legacy triple boot

1 post in this topic

I have started a triple boot installation on an old PC with BIOS (not UEFI). Every OS is on a separate SSD drive.

Hardware
ASUS P6T SE
i7 920
12GB RAM

ASUS GTX 680
2 X SSD OCZ Agility 60GB
1 X SSD Kingston 240GB 

OS
MacOS Sierra
Windows 8 (The Windows was already installed on the Kingston SSD and just used that to repair the MBR)
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

MacOS
I stared by setting BIOS (AHCI, Virtualization etc.); disabled all drives but the one for MacOS; installed MacOS; MacOS post installation with ##### and clover bootloader in legacy mode installed on the SSD. Everything worked after some kext struggling and I have my Sierra hackintosh ready with Clover bootloader legacy installed.

Windows
Then I plugged the Windows 8 SSD; repaired the MBR and BCD; plugged the Clover/MacOS drive and Clover was able to start and boot the Windows 8 SSD with no issues.

Ubuntu
I did just the same for Ubuntu; disabled all drives but the one for Ubuntu; made the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS USB drive; started the installation; I selected "Erase disk and install Ubuntu" on the "Installation type" screen; got the setup finished and did the exact same thing, plugged all 3 SSDs with the BIOS set to boot from Clover/MacOS drive; Clover sees the Ubuntu drive but when I am selecting to boot from it, it just shows the clover Linux drive icon on the center of the screen until I hit escape and it returns back on the Clover boot selection screen. I did some searching and reading and tried to reinstall Ubuntu with a separate /boot partition; that did not work and I have clover with the exact same behavior. I also read that if you have a BIOS motherboard, then Ubuntu it will detect this and it will install in BIOS/Legacy mode but I am not sure if that is the case and that I should do something else to have the Ubuntu installed in BIOS/Legacy mode.

Does anyone have a clue what I should do to have the Ubuntu to boot from Clover?

EDIT:

After a lot of Ubuntu reinstalling, it now shows the purple GRUB screen when selecting Linux from Clover menu, but it hangs there.