"Budget Gaming Laptop" Acer Aspire E5-574G-54Y2 Final Polish

thbluebird

3 posts in this topic

Greetings,

I've really enjoyed working with OS X ( OS: 10.11.5 ) on my laptop " Acer Aspire E5-574G-54Y2" The Clover Bootloader  ( Clover revision: 3544 ) is Awesome, as well as the contributors that have made it possible :thumbsup_anim: .

I'm able to boot and work, but I'm experiencing random boots and I have my NVIDIA graphic device listed, and showing to be working as a 3D accelerator (with 0 MB VRAM size ), but I have not been able to boot/use it as the primary graphics device ( I’ve tried several solutions listed for my NVIDIA 940M, but no luck, I still boot into a black screen- I can hear error sounds made from typing keys- like the system has properly booted, but just has a black screen. One thing I found odd, the Intel Graphics Card that is used ( Intel® HD Graphics 520 (Skylake GT2) is showing that there is no kext loaded for the device.

The audio is working quite well. It appears to be setup correctly.

The ACPI/DSDT files were found in ESP/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin.

The video ROMS were found in ESP/EFI/CLOVER/ROM/

I am hoping someone can help me  achieve a "Final Polish" with the proper setup, config, DSDT, etc.

I have attached some files and would be happy to provide some more details/files if needed.

Thanks a bunch in advance for all the hard work and contributions!  :yes: 

Sincerely,

iMAC 14,2 setup files.zip

Greetings,

I've really enjoyed working with OS X ( OS: 10.11.5 ) on my laptop " Acer Aspire E5-574G-54Y2" The Clover Bootloader  ( Clover revision: 3544 ) is Awesome, as well as the contributors that have made it possible :thumbsup_anim: .

I'm able to boot and work, but I'm experiencing random boots and I have my NVIDIA graphic device listed, and showing to be working as a 3D accelerator (with 0 MB VRAM size ), but I have not been able to boot/use it as the primary graphics device ( I’ve tried several solutions listed for my NVIDIA 940M, but no luck, I still boot into a black screen- I can hear error sounds made from typing keys- like the system has properly booted, but just has a black screen. One thing I found odd, the Intel Graphics Card that is used ( Intel® HD Graphics 520 (Skylake GT2) is showing that there is no kext loaded for the device.

The audio is working quite well. It appears to be setup correctly.

The ACPI/DSDT files were found in ESP/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin.

The video ROMS were found in ESP/EFI/CLOVER/ROM/

I am hoping someone can help me  achieve a "Final Polish" with the proper setup, config, DSDT, etc.

I have attached some files and would be happy to provide some more details/files if needed.

Thanks a bunch in advance for all the hard work and contributions!  :yes: 

Sincerely,

In a dual graphics setup (optimus) you cannot have the Nvidia/AMD GPU as primary and will need to be disabled via DSDT/SSDT therefor you can only use your HD520 in macOS

Make sure you have a bootable USB in case things dont go well.

Try this config.plist.

config.plist.zip

What kexts are you using?

What is patched in your DSDT?

Clean your ACPI/origin and create new files (Clover boot menu, Press F4).

Clover version need to be updated.

In a dual graphics setup (optimus) you cannot have the Nvidia/AMD GPU as primary and will need to be disabled via DSDT/SSDT therefor you can only use your HD520 in macOS

Make sure you have a bootable USB in case things dont go well.

Try this config.plist.

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

What kexts are you using?

What is patched in your DSDT?

Clean your ACPI/origin and create new files (Clover boot menu, Press F4).

Clover version need to be updated.

Hi SavageAUS,

Thanks for your recent reply. As you mentioned, " In a dual graphics setup (optimus) you cannot have the Nvidia/AMD GPU as primary", so, I  am focusing on the Intel graphics as the primary.

I've been real busy, but will be working on providing some useful feedback.

PS. the config.plist file you mentioned to try is causing a circle with a line through it ( causing it not to boot).

Talk to you soon,