Need some help with BCM94352Z Bluetooth on 10.13

zy94

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone:

I'm sorry this is not posted in the sub forum for AMD(cause there is no post at all so far, and I really need some help)

I’ve recently installed macOS High Sierra on my desktop PC, the detailed configuration is:

MotherBoard: ASRock AB350-Gaming-ITX/AC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 FE

I’ve finished installing the system, NVIDIA WebDriver and CUDA. I need some help with my Bluetooth on BCM94352Z. Ive done some tests and I believe the problem is caused by USB 3.1 controller. I use AIDA64 on Windows to identify USB ports, and found the Bluetooth is located on USB 3.1 Controller/Port 10”.

1.When using GenericUSB.kext, all USB ports are usable, but in system report, there is nothing in USB Device Tree.

2.When using FackPCIID.kext and FackPCIID_XHCIMux.kext, only USB ports under USB 3.0 controller” are usable. And this time in system report, there are two USB 3.0 Bus in USB Device Tree. However, only when devices are pluged into the ports under "USB 3.0 Controller", those devices are usable, i.e. even though there are two USB 3.0 Bus there, only one is usable and unfortunately the Bluetooth is not on that one.

So I think it's because of USB problem that BrcmFirmwareData, BrcmPatchRAM2 and BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport are not loaded. 

Anyone has any idea how to fix that?

Thanks a lot.

post-2251699-0-33465900-1508569633_thumb.jpg

post-2251699-0-58970500-1508569641_thumb.png

post-2251699-0-21443300-1508569659_thumb.png

post-2251699-0-12877800-1508569666_thumb.png

First, you need to verify the System see the USB device, (look in USB under System Information) then you need to verify that the BlueTooth device trigger is happening, I use BCM20702A0Injector.kext it resolved my issue, after I resolved the issue with the system not being able to see the USB port that it was on.

HBP

First, you need to verify the System see the USB device, (look in USB under System Information) then you need to verify that the BlueTooth device trigger is happening, I use BCM20702A0Injector.kext it resolved my issue, after I resolved the issue with the system not being able to see the USB port that it was on.

HBP

Hi, I've tried this kext but unfortunately it's not working. As for"verify the System see the USB device", do you mean I can see the Bluetooth device in USB under System Information? I'll attach a screenshot of it, would you please you take a look at it?

post-2251699-0-18977700-1508733853_thumb.png

you need to enable All your USB ports, you are not even (seeing** the Bluetooth device) injectors don't work until the device is actually Present on the system.

go back and look at your USB host ID's and figure out what enabler you need to override the port limit.

HBP

post-7000-0-19531600-1508744159_thumb.jpeg

you need to enable All your USB ports, you are not even (seeing** the Bluetooth device) injectors don't work until the device is actually Present on the system.

go back and look at your USB host ID's and figure out what enabler you need to override the port limit.

HBP

I used a patch from "Shaneee - http://amd-osx.com"and now I can see the Bluetooth device in USB under System Information, but nothing in Bluetooth. But the BCM20702A0Injector.kext is not working...What should I do then?

post-2251699-0-32013100-1508762416_thumb.png

I used a patch from "Shaneee - http://amd-osx.com"and now I can see the Bluetooth device in USB under System Information, but nothing in Bluetooth. But the BCM20702A0Injector.kext is not working...What should I do then?

I tried to config the Info.plist under the injector, but it's not working, did I miss something?

BCM20702A0
Product ID: 0x216f
Vendor ID: 0x0a5c
Version: 1.12
Serial Number:184F32F40788
Speed: Up to 12Mb/sec
Manufacture: Broadcom Corp
Location ID:0x00600000 / 1
Current Available (mA):500
Current Required (mA):Unknown (Device has not been configured)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.marchrius.driver.BCM20702A0Injector</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>BCM20702A0Injector</string>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>KEXT</string>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>????</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>999.9.9</string>
<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
<dict>
<key>BCM94352Z Bluetooth</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>USB Product Name</key>
<string>BCM94352Z Bluetooth</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>8559</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>2652</integer>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
<string>Root</string>
</dict>
</plist>

where are you putting the BCM20702A0 injector? I have mine in /S/L/E and it works just fine, tried putting in in clover's EFI/kexts/other and no luck.

also where you have:

<string>BCM94352Z Bluetooth</string>

I believe it need to be:

<string>BCM94352Z</string>

the system is very pickey it is looking for an exact match. the last but not least thing I just checked and realized and I don't know if this effects your card or not is that you may need to put the Bluetooth Firmware jumpstart kexts in your Clover folder to get it to work, they have been there for so long I completely forgot I needed them.

​the other question is are all the other components for Bluetooth loading, the main controller stack etc, they should load even without a bluetooth seen.

I checked your ID's you will need to include this Patch in your Clover folder.  Happy Hacking.

https://github.com/the-darkvoid/BrcmPatchRAM

HBP

Edited by HBP

I would do the old fashion way - Patch your IOUSBHostFamily.kext with DSDT & IORegistry.

config.plist + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext + BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11-BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot-lisai9093</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SIX/dEdIiwc=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOBluetoothFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>Qb4PAAAA60Q=</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11-BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-dv</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QYP8/3QsSA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>ZscGVVPrKw==</data>
</dict>

Cheers,

Louis 

• 8 months later...

My Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2 NGFF 802.11AC 867Mbps BT4.0 Lenovo FRU 04X6020 Bluetooth only works in 10.13.5 with above mentioned RehabMan's kexts (BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext (S/L/E), BrcmPatchRAM2.kext (L/E) + USB and PCI-ID kexts) directly after booting Windows. After sleep and wake-up no BT devices are detected, and my Hackbook is not detectable on other devices, either.

From Windows Device Manager:

Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 USB

Device Instance Path: USB\VID_0489&PID_E07A\B01041F26194

Hardware-IDs:
USB\VID_0489&PID_E07A&REV_0112
USB\VID_0489&PID_E07A

Seems I need to create a custom SSDT..