GeForceSensors still waiting

Gregow

5 posts in this topic

Updated to High Sierra and installed the latest webdrivers from nVidia. I'm using a MacPro6,1 SMBIOS so I need the agdpfix to avoid black screen issues.

When booting with nv_disable=1 I get the "GeForceSensors: still waiting for accelerator..." message. Booting with the webdrivers seems to resolve that issue, but I'm booting into a black screen so that doesn't really help...

Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix it?

My system:

Asus X99-A

Asus STRIX 1080Ti

Well, here´s to focusing too much on the problem so you fail to see the most obvious solution: Change SMBIOS, boot and run agdpfix. Switch back.

Still, it´s a bit of a cumbersome solution for the next time I update the drivers. If you have any ideas what´s causing this issue I would still like to hear them.

Well, here´s to focusing too much on the problem so you fail to see the most obvious solution: Change SMBIOS, boot and run agdpfix. Switch back.

Still, it´s a bit of a cumbersome solution for the next time I update the drivers. If you have any ideas what´s causing this issue I would still like to hear them.

You've got the GeforceSensors kext installed somewhere (from HWSensors). I suspect the kext is having issues if you disable the web drivers and it can't detect anything.

You've got the GeforceSensors kext installed somewhere (from HWSensors). I suspect the kext is having issues if you disable the web drivers and it can't detect anything.

Ah, thank you! It's the FakeSMC/Plugins/GPUSensors.kext, right?