ATI to nVidia Graphic Problems

angelol

8 posts in this topic

Hello guys.

As the title states, I used to have an ATI Radeon HD 6770 and now I got an nVidia GT 740. I used to inject my graphics through my DSDT (just faked the address to a 5770 which is natively supported and some cosmetic stuff) and by a patched framebuffer. Now what I've done is installed nVidia web drivers, inject the new card by dsdt and use "nvidia_drv=1" in clover. The thing is that I can't boot if I don't use "nv_disable=1". Also when I boot, I have no graphics acceleration.

From what I find on from online research is that my new graphics card is natively supported, and that really {censored} me up. I completely run out of ideas.

Hi

which osx version?

Which SMBIOS are you using?

Hi mate. I'm sorry, I forgot to provide info. I'm using an iMac12.2 SMBIOS and 10.11.6.

Sorry Angelo

If you are using clover bootloader you have a flag to activate (nvidiaweb)

I am not sure but your gfx should be  supported by OSX apple driver (in sierra I am sure of it)

So u say it should be working by having "nvidia_drv=1" in my clover plist?

Also, if I upgrade to Mac Os Sierra it should work?

I have enabled use nvidia web drivers in clover, aside from the deprecated nvidia_drv=1.

Also, from settingsm should I have use web drivers or the integrated mac os drivers?

Hi,

If your nvidia graphics card has native support in osx, you even do not have to bother with web drivers. Uninstall web drivers and reboot w/o any nvidia related boot flag.

If it does not work then check Inject Nvidia in config.plist and reboot again.

• Like 1

Hi Angelol,

My GT740 worked without any fixes, however important was symbios used. On my Haswell PC with i5-4670K iMac 14.2 symbios worked but iMac 15.1 hanged on black screen every time.

Unfortunately I've sold this card and can't check it for you. Now I'm using GTX 1050 Ti with iMac 15.1 symbios , but to make it working I need to use NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext.

You might try that. I'm guess yours GT740 is used in desktop PC so I think best symbios for i7-2600 would be iMac 12.1. Good luck.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Malgkas

Thank you very much for your info bro, i'm really preoccupied with uni work and haven't had the chance to pour any time into my hackintoshing activities lately.. I'll try using a different SMBIOS and report any progress here. Maybe that's the problem culprit.. Thanks again to you and all of the people that took time to look into my problem.  :)