deleted

Rox55

5 posts in this topic

if for say, I have the Generic.Install.DVD and i want to use the windows bootloader, and the Mac OS is going to be on my second hard drive (usually D:)

do i still copy the chain0 to C: and insert C:\chain0="Mac OS X" or do i enter otherwise??

Hi Jalal!

I use BootMagic to boot 7 OSs and it works great. I use version 7 not the current version as it still works so I see no need to change it. You can use the advanced options to hide partitions or not, or even to switch the order of the drives in your system. I like the graphic interface. Its easy to set up from XP. Or DOS, or ME for that matter. And it lets you make a floppy to recover from if you screw it up. You can also recover from real mode DOS. It works well with OS X 86.

What you do with this is disable the menus in any secondary Bootmanagers. (XP, FreeBSD, GRUB) so you don't have the multistep process you describe.

My son uses the FreeBSD Boot Manager similiarly. See freebsd.org. FreeBSD is smaller than Linux, so you might like that with your dialup.

Grub works but I never liked setting it up. Its easier now than a few years ago when I did it. If you like GRUB, SUSE is the most complete Linux around. You can get it from opensuse.org

At one time I used a shareware program XOSL with similiar features to BootMagic. Haven't tried it with OS X.

I know you are/were trying to get OS/2. Don't try its boot manager, it is obsolete.

I just got Solaris, so will be trying to get 8 OSs on one PC soon.