Sierra @ QuadroFX 3800 issues

ssprod

6 posts in this topic

Greetings..

HP Z400 Workstation

iNtel Xeon W3550

12GB DDR3

Nvidia Quadro FX3800

Successfully installed Sierra 10.12.3. Can boot with Nvidia "inject Nvidia" via Clover boot loader, however although System Profiler sees the card correctly (Nvidia Quadro FX3800 1024MB), I am clearly not getting acceleration, and full functionality. If someone would provide some guidance into configuring Clover properly with GPU injection/rom/vbios values, I would be most grateful. Thank you. ssprod

Hi. I'm running Sierra 10.12.6 on HP Z400 Xeon W3690 12Gb DDR3 Nvidia Quadro2000 so its similar to yours. Have you installed a DSDT? If not try the one in the attachement. Unzip and put the file into Efi>Clover>Acpi>Patched

and reboot.

Thanks so much for the suggestion, however system freezes at IOConsoles. Will try and patch my native DSDT and hope for the best. Thanks again. 

Thanks so much for the suggestion, however system freezes at IOConsoles. Will try and patch my native DSDT and hope for the best. Thanks again. 

Still no go with acceleration on the FX3800. Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks!

Did you try the Web drivers with the correct modification config.plist ?

Hey chris.. thanks for piping in. Tried with and without the Wdrivers, nvda_drv=1, Nvidia inject, none seem to get me acceleration and proper performance. Wondering if I need to fine tune the config. settings with NVCAP, etc. Not sure how to do that, can you shed some light? thanks again.