JaS 10.4.8 Questions

draconius

3 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am currently running my hackint0sh happily with everything working great for several months now (sound, onboard lan, QE/CI, etc...) however, I have been unable to install a couple applications, since they require 10.4.6 or above.

Also, I have two displays connected to my video card, one via DVI, and one via VGA -- currently, the OSX boot screen will come up on both of them, but the VGA display will go blank when OSX boots, and I get output on DVI only. I would love to be able to use both DVI/VGA and put both my monitors to good use!

I know some of this

So my questions are:

1. Will I have any luck of getting dual displays working on a fresh 10.4.8 installation?
  2. Are any major applications broken / not working right inside of 10.4.8?
  3. Does anybody have any information about how I can determine what kexts / kernel I am running currently? (I simply installed off of the DVD I acquired and never thought to look)

Thanks for any help, and I apologize if any of these questions are answered in other threads in this forum -- I have been doing alot of reading about 10.4.8 but I cannot find any definitive answers about my dual displays question.

Will I have any luck of getting dual displays working on a fresh 10.4.8 installation?

Not yet, but there are efforts to enable a 2nd monitor using the new Titan, Natit and ATInject kexts.

Are any major applications broken / not working right inside of 10.4.8?

Currently, the new kernel runs only on Intel SSE3 with AMD SSE3 being tested. If you don't have Intel SSE3, you probably don't want to try the latest 10.4.8 DVD yet. But all apps seem to work.

Does anybody have any information about how I can determine what kexts / kernel I am running currently?

You are running kernel 8.4.1 from 10.4.4. All Hackintoshes from 10.4.4 through early 10.4.8 have run the same hacked kernel from 10.4.4. Only the new 10.4.8 DVD installs the new 8.8.1 kernel from 10.4.8.

If you open System Profiler and click on Extensions on the bottom left, you can see a list of the kexts loaded in your system.