T60P with JaS 10.4.8 Sound Issue

6 posts in this topic

Everything works perfectly as in 10.4.7, except for sound. Its the ACL882, I patch as I did in 10.4.7, do a kextload the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and it shoots back saying it not authentic and to check ownership and permissions. Run disk repair, same thing. Run root:wheel, same thing. Run chmod -R 755, and it states it scrolls through everything inside the kext, and states its unable to perform the operation. Tried replacing with the known good kext from 10.4.7 system, and still nothing.

Now, in order to get the system to boot with the new kernel (tried both semthex and mifki and have the same issue with both) I had to remove the ApplePCCard16ATA.kext, ApplePCCardATA.kext, and the IOPCCardFamily.kext. Could this have something to do with it? Is any other T60/60p owners having issues?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In Terminal:

cd /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleAzaliaAudio.kext
sudo find AppleAzaliaAudio.kext -type d -exec /bin/chmod 0755 {} \;
sudo find AppleAzaliaAudio.kext -type f -exec /bin/chmod 0644 {} \;
cd /System/Library
sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache
sudo reboot

JaS recommended the following (very similar) in this exact order, which got it working great:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

reboot

What's your final solution for getting audio to work? I have a IBM T60, I just patched the kext using default values, but no luck. It says:

2006-11-11 00:52:16.119 kextload[259] CFLog (0): 
	CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): plist parse failed; the data is not proper UTF-8. The file name for this data could be:
	(UNKNOWN)
	The parser will retry as in 10.2, but the problem should be corrected in the plist.
2006-11-11 00:52:18.318 kextload[259] CFLog (0): 
	CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): plist parse failed; the data is not proper UTF-8. The file name for this data could be:
	(UNKNOWN)
	The parser will retry as in 10.2, but the problem should be corrected in the plist.
can't add kernel extension AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (not a bundle) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output

What's your final solution for getting audio to work? I have a IBM T60, I just patched the kext using default values, but no luck. It says:

2006-11-11 00:52:16.119 kextload[259] CFLog (0): 
	(UNKNOWN)
2006-11-11 00:52:18.318 kextload[259] CFLog (0): 
	(UNKNOWN)
can't add kernel extension AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (not a bundle) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output

It is saying that there are some unknown extraneous characters in the file(s) you edited. Open them again and look for stuff that shouldn't be there.

Then repair permissions on the kext using one of the 2 postings right above yours.