10.4.8 bootup problems

Soündless

4 posts in this topic

i just tried the fdisk bootup thing with 10.4.8 to get my compy 2 boot up without the dvd. I have 3 hardrives in and they all are blak exept the 1 with 10.4.8. I tried using fdisk to work to get it 2 work. now when i boot up nothing happens. I need to be able to boot up without the disk because i need to disable a cpu, please help!!!!!

i just tried the fdisk bootup thing with 10.4.8 to get my compy 2 boot up without the dvd. I have 3 hardrives in and they all are blak exept the 1 with 10.4.8. I tried using fdisk to work to get it 2 work. now when i boot up nothing happens. I need to be able to boot up without the disk because i need to disable a cpu, please help!!!!!

You have to make sure your partition is set "ACTIVE"!

first question, what did you use to partition the drive and format it? if you used jas's dvd, then it should be fine booting.

if you used windows to partition the disk and then format it with hsf, you need to set it to active. i recommend that you unplug all your drives except your dvd drive and your boot drive. it would be best to allow the 10.4.8 its own hd, this minimizes problems. after you have it booting and everything works fine, then you can plug back your other hardware. remember, connect your mac hd to ide 0 and make sure its the master drive.