fix ethernet and Audio controller

vickiozi

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys , I hope you are doing well . 

I have already finish sierra also had finish some kext like graphic , batery etc, But ethernet and Audio isnt working even if i've tried install them . I\ve got a :

Dell inspiron 5558 1.7 GHz Intel Core i3 4gb ddr3 , with intel 4400

and here are my pci list  , 

i ;ve tried the RTGNicv2.0.6 but nothing happened() , no ethernet also for audio i\ve tried Voodo but some time it works, some time no . 
and so i got a kernel panic after trying many kext files so i had to do a clean installation again , and so on i wont risk with other kext or pack to install till i got some help from you guys .
Any suggestion would be great and helpful .

Thanks guys , Peace

Audio for this model is ALC255. Remove VoodooHDA + AppleHDADisabler kexts then apply the associated AppleHDA patch alongside installing the dummy ALC255 + CodecCommander kexts.

AppleHDA patch:

1. find: 8419D411, replace by: 5502EC10
    2. find: 8508EC10, replace by: 00000000
    3. find: 6102EC10, replace by: 00000000
    4. find: 6202EC10, replace by: 00000000
    In your DSDT, the HDEF device should also be patched to inject layout-id 3 through the following DSM Method:
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
               {
                   If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                   {
                       Return (Buffer (One)
                       {
                           0x03                                           
                       })
                   }
                   Return (Package (0x06)
                   {
                       "layout-id", 
                       Buffer (0x04)
                       {
                           0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                         
                       }, 
                       "hda-gfx", 
                       Buffer (0x0A)
                       {
                           "onboard-1"
                       }, 
                       "PinConfigurations", 
                       Buffer (Zero) {}
                   })
               }

-

For Ethernet, should be Realtek so try this kext:

All this courtesy of JakeLo at OSXL.

Hey mate Thanks for replying just wanted to ask, did you patch AppleHDA_ALC255.kext.zip  with those ,AppleHDA patch:

4. find: 6202EC10, replace by: 00000000 , should i just install it(apple and codex provided by u ) our should i apply these commands 

should i install the adummyHDA kext from AppleHda patcher of ALC255 , and u meant to overwrite the Hdef or just add another if, also i went to s/l/e no vodoo kext there or AppleHDADisabler kext .

About ethernet now i can see a ethernet setings on network settings but when i connect the cable , it goes in a loop saying (ethernet its connected but not the right configuration - im using dhcp automatically  , after 1 sec goes with unplugged cable    )  , What do you think mate, can you tell me step by step what to install from Mirone folder , cuz i got lost a little bit and also im a beginner in this ...

You misunderstood. AppleHDA_ALC255 is the dummy kext. You need to patch the AppleHDA yourself with the detailed mods. You either do it directly on the vanilla kext through a hex editor (eg: HexFiend) or through Clover.

Thanks mate for correcting me , what About ethernet

ethernet its done ,Thanks man u really helped me , Thanks a lot for you time mate , 

But wanted to ask about the AppleHDA patch:

these finds dont exist in Alc255 , i tried with HexFiend but they dotn exist , everything its fine know , expect Audio , i also tried to patch the dsdt but i dont know if i should overwrite that Hdef or what , or just patch the first Hdef provided from Apple patcher then overwrite the Hdef with ur patch-text and patch the dsdt for the second time

I\m using Apple Hda patcher but i dont have a clear view how to use it , what kext should i install from minor there is also an hdaenabler and also other files , If anyone could just provide me with this information i would really appreciate this 

OKey thats great , i've done the installation of kext only the dsdt has left but i cant even compile it mate(got some errors) , also could you patch the HDEF cuz i dont know how to do that, sorry for being needy , but also Thanks a lot mate for your great work :)

here is my DSDT dsdt.rar

and i got this message after rrebuiling 

File at path /System/Library/Prelinkedkernels/prelinkedkernels cannot be used
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[440] exited with status 77
error 107 rebuiling /System/Library/Prelinkedkernels/prelinkedkernels

Ideally, place add-on kexts to /L/E (that's what it's for), then repair permissions and rebuild your cache with Terminal commands:

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

If you get a message "xxxxxxxx 77" as a result of the kextcache cmmand, re-type the touch + kextcache commands.

If you patch the AppleHDA with HexFiend (keep a backup of the vanilla kext somewhere), you'll end up replacing the vanilla kext by the patched version in /S/L/E. You'll then also need to repair permissions to /S/L/E:
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

Those commands would need to precede the kextcache command.

can i proceed without doing the dsdt change , cuz there are some errors that i cant compile it 

Re: cache rebuild...

Re: DSDT, it's a must if you want audio. Why would I mention it otherwise?

but i got 2 errors while compile with MaciASL and the dsdt its the only thing that is left that i dont have an idea how to fix it , also where to add those command , is there a way that i can get the patched dsdt with the requirements u mention , i also posted my dsdt . 

Audio for this model is ALC255. Remove VoodooHDA + AppleHDADisabler kexts then apply the associated AppleHDA patch alongside installing the dummy ALC255 + CodecCommander kexts.

AppleHDA patch:

In your DSDT, the HDEF device should also be patched to inject layout-id 3 through the following DSM Method:
           Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
           {
               If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
               {
                   Return (Buffer (One)
                   {
                       0x03                                           
                   })
               }
               Return (Package (0x06)
               {
                   "layout-id", 
                   Buffer (0x04)
                   {
                       0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                         
                   }, 
                   "hda-gfx", 
                   Buffer (0x0A)
                   {
                       "onboard-1"
                   }, 
                   "PinConfigurations", 
                   Buffer (Zero) {}
               })
           }
-

For Ethernet, should be Realtek so try this kext:

All this courtesy of JakeLo at OSXL.

Thanks , Thanks ,Thanks from the bottom of my heart man, you were so patient with me , i really appreciate all the things you did for me , and I dont know how to thanks you more