junausp

Monitor 4k + Hackintosh

2 posts in this topic

Alguém saberia me dizer se um monitor 4K funciona normalmente no Hackintosh com uma placa GTX 980? Atinge a resolução máxima numa boa usando a saída DVI?

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bojarek8
      Hello Gentlemens

I am asking you with a great request for help with a problem I can not deal with. 
      I hope I have chosen a good section on this topic

I have been using my Hackintosh for some time now 
      it does not cause me any more problems except for the one that irritates me

My problem: 

the system does not recognize my monitor and detects it as a 
      monitor monitor VGA
      13,9'' (800 x 600)
      Gigabyte GeForce 9600 GT 512  MB

My monitor model: LG Flatron W2243S 

As you can see in the attached picture, the system does not recognize the monitor as a built-in screen

My main problem is that when the screen resolution is set to 1920x1080, black bars appear on the sides of the screen
      It is not very comfortable, that's why I would like to change it and make the image look the whole width of the monitor
      The monitor is connected to the graphics card with an adapter from the VGA connector to the DVI connector

this is my conifig.plist 
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kBoGpfR8ooGAm-Y9C8Qu7rZetDWI8t6w

I hope that I described my problem in a comprehensible way, thank you very much for your help  

• By LarryKu
      Hi everyone,
      I am new, I hope I am posting in the correct forum.
      My specs:
      Processor: Core i5 6500 Skylake 3.2ghz
      Mobo: Gigabyte h170-d3h
      M2SSD: WD Black 256gb PCIe (Mac OSx)
      SSD: Samsung 860 Evo (WIndows 10)
      HDD: WD Blue 1TB
      GPU: Radeon RX 480
      Monitor: BenQ RL2460 24"

I was able to install High Sierra on a new m2 drive, that I added to the above configuration with windows 10 already installed.
      I had a few issues during install, including the monitor turning off at boot screen.

Unfortunately, this persists even now. It turns off at about 60% of the progress bar, and to turn it on again I have to unplug/plug back my hdmi.
      Additionally, while all of the usb ports worked during install and while running it out of the clover I had on the usb stick, only the rear ones appear to work now.
      The audio doesn't work either, though I added the correct patch according to my mobo

Lastly, my other drives are not recognized in the bios anymore. They run fine from boot override but they don't show up in the boot priority (while multiple entries of mac OS do, and they seem to increase in number at every reboot)

Thanks in advance for the help
    • By bepferr
      Hello everyone! I installed OS Sierra 10.12.6  on a Lenovo y50-70 with 4k monitor following the tonymacx86 guide (this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-y50-uhd-or-1080p-using-clover-uefi.232960/ ). All is OK (except the bluetooth but I consider that a secondary problem) except that I can not absolutely activate the monitor! For example, I can connect an external monitor via HDMI and so doing everything OK. I would like to understand how to do it, does anyone have any idea? I have already set up the DVMT prealloc to 128mb with modified bios and installed coredisplayfixup in L / E but nothing. If I boot up setting clover id-ig 0x12345678 the monitor works but the graphics card is recognized only as 31mb and everything is slow, the web pages for example are unusable. I have an integrated intel hd4600 card. I hope you can help me, thank you so much in advance!
    • By frompdog
      I recently acquired a Samsung U28E510 monitor (4K UHD) for my hackintosh and had a hard time finding the information I needed to get it working with my integrated Intel HD 4600 graphics (desktop H97 chipset with i7-4790s) at full resolution.  This post will share how I got it working.  As a new hackintosher, a lot of the information I found was confusing because it assumed I knew how the pieces fit together,

I was using Sierra 10.12.6 (iMac15,1 SMBIOS) and already had the HD 4600 working with full acceleration on my 1080p monitor.  When I first plugged in the new monitor, I could get at most 2560x1440 @ 60Hz from MacOS using the DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor.  Using a Linux Live USB, I could get 3840x2160 @ 60Hz so I knew the hardware was working and capable.

My old config used the kexts Lilu, Shiki and IntelGraphicsFixup via Clover injection.  I was injecting the ig-platform-id 0x0d220003, and on the desktop "<Apple Icon> -> About This Mac" showed that my graphics were allocated 1536MB.

I added CoreDisplayFixup.kext to avoid the pixel clock limit in the CoreDisplay framework.  Since that required a newer version of Lilu, I downloaded updated source for Lilu, IntelGraphicsFixup and Shiki and rebuilt all of those along with CoreDisplayFixup.

The hardest part for me to understand, was why MacOS wouldn't offer me the option to go above 1440p resolution.  I could get to 2160p with SwitchResX, but it wouldn't stick across reboots and I was seeing a phantom display on my system when I used that app.  I spent a couple of days trying various things, and upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.1 along the way.

I eventually stumbled across a post at RampageDev, which explained how the magical ig-platform-id value is used -- which ended up being the key to my problem!  I don't know if the bits in 0x0d220003 are important, but for my purposes that value is used as a key to a table in AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext which is used to initialize the HD 4600.  This includes attributes such as buffer sizes and memory allocations which are needed for large, 4k displays.  The link helped me understand the contents and format of that table, which in turn helped me understand the problem.  By patching the kext via Clover, I could have MacOS configure the graphics hardware so that it would work as I wanted.

The patch itself is added to config.plist -> KernelAndKextPatches -> KextsToPatch (it's in an <array>):
                              <dict>                                 <key>Comment</key>                                 <string>Framebuffer for 4K display</string>                                 <key>Find</key>                                 <data>                                 AwAiDQADAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAAAAAAABgmRQ=                                 </data>                                 <key>Name</key>                                 <string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>                                 <key>Replace</key>                                 <data>                                 AwAiDQADAwMAAAAEAAAgAgAAAAAAAACAmRQ=                                 </data>                         </dict> I won't go into the grisly details here; if you're technical and want to understand, you can figure it out from the patched values.  Basically, I'm increasing three values to accommodate the larger display: The RAM allocation The framebuffer memory size The VRAM allocation Once I enabled this patch in Clover and added CoreDisplayFixup.kext, I was able to boot into glorious 4K UHD.  I also see the retina resolutions in the display settings.  It's possible that I did not need to change all three fields.  I changed them all on the first try, and things seem to be working well.  I would be happy to update this post if an expert can tell me a better way to do it.

Note that this does allocate 2GB of RAM for the Intel graphics, but that's fine with me since I have 16GB and plan to upgrade to 32GB anyway.  I'll probably end up getting a discrete GPU when I upgrade the RAM, but this patch helps me stay productive while I save for the upgrade.

I suspect that this approach could be packaged into a Lilu plugin for those that prefer to do their patches from kexts rather than the Clover config.  Similarly, some of the Lilu plugins I'm using could probably be implemented via Clover patches.  At this point, I'm just happy to have something that works.
    • By bravc
      After successful Sierra 10.12.6 install, the internal display is not recognized post boot. However, external display through HDMI works fine. Trying to use Intel 630HD graphics. The internal display works when booting with 0x123456789 as Fake ID but not when using ig-platform-id of 0x59120000 and no Fake ID. SMBIOS is MacBook Pro 14,3. Thanks in advance. 

Specs:
      i7-7700HQ
      8 gb 2400 MHz ddr4 ram
      Intel HD Graphics 630
      GTX 1050 4gb vRam
      EFI.zip