InsanelyMac Forum
ahmedbilal

How to make ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext work with Alps touchpad

I installed ApplePS2SmartTouchpad kext from http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-focaltech-and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/. However, my touchpad(Alps) works like after installing this (no right click using double finger tap, no scrolling, no dragging). VoodooPS2 doesn't works with my touchpad. How to make ApplePS2SmartTouchpad work with my touchpad

-Thank you

Update1 - I found that drag work.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By xW4LK3R
      Hey guys the reason why I'm making this post is because I didn't think I was going to be able to make a new version of Hackintosh in my old computer. It turned out that I actually could and it works flawlessly!  

I will tell you what I've made so if you have similar components you can take my guide so you can install it as well. 

SPECS: 

Mobo: H61M-P31 (G3) 
      Processor: i3 3220
      GPU: GTX 1070 (EVGA SC)
      Memory: 8 GB (2x4 1333 MHz) 
      Storage: 2x SEAGATE 500 GB (Windows 10 installed on the 1 HD, Mac OS X in the 2)
      Display: SAMSUNG 23PL S23C550

Where did I start?

I started by downloading the Mac OS Sierra DMG (Niresh's version) and then transferred to a USB (8 GB) in Windows using Transmac app. It's pretty simple, there are tutorials available on the net how to do it.

After you've transferred the DMG to your FLASH USB you will have to go to your BIOS and change SATA IDE to SATA AHCI mode. Also, you'll have to change the HDDs order for booting. If you want to make a dual boot with your windows system you'll have to let the Mac OS X HDD boot first so you can access your Windows system in Clover bootloader. Pretty simple, see more of the "how to" here (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303960-success-yosemite-hackintosh-on-msi-h61m-p31w8/) 

Boot from USB

After choosing your USB by pressing F11, there's no need to type anything ("darts=0 -v" is inserted by default on the boot loader) after you wait the loading if everything goes well you'll be able to see the setup Mac OS X screen. 

Installation

No mystery here just do what you've learnt and format the HD who is going to host Mac OS X Sierra (that can simply be found on youtube). After you have done all the HD stuff it's time to move on with the insulation. When you finally reach the part where you need to choose your HDD to install Mac OS on, go to Customize in the left bottom corner.  In Customize you'll have to change the bootloader from "Chameleon" to "Clover", for some reason when I tried to install with chameleon on it didn't proceed with the installation and I got several errors. That's very important to keep going with the installation process. 

Post-installation

If everything gone well you'll now be in the Desktop of your OS. Wait about 10 minutes so the system can configure and make all the changes. After that, the things you'll need to configure are your GPU and the Audio (if your audio for some reason have a static sound or an annoying noise). Also, you'll need to UPDATE your system to the version 10.12.6 so you can install the driver. No mystery here, just go to Appstore and update it and boot your system again (no flag needed). 

GTX 1070 Driver (Nvidia Web Driver)

in order to get your GTX 1070 working (works for all pascals and only) you'll need to install (378.05.05.25f01) version which worked for me. You can find it on this link: (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-07212017/)

After you install your web driver you'll have to activate it on your bootloader.

Nvidia Web Driver Activation

After restarting your computer once you've installed the driver you'll need to go on Clover Configurator (which can be found by searching in Spotlight). After that, follow these steps: 

1 > You'll get a message that Clover didn't find the config.plist and will ask you to mount an EFI Partition. Click on: Mount EFI Partition
      2 > You'll see the EFI Partition in the bottom, then click on "Mount Partition" after that you'll click on "Open Partition"
      3 > Go to: EFI > CLOVER > CONFIG.PLIST > Open with TextEdit
      4 > Scroll down to the last lines and replace: 

<key>SystemParameters</key>
      <dict> <key>InjectKexts</key> <string>YES</string> <key>InjectSystemID</key> <true/> <key>NvidiaWeb</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> </plist>     5 > Close the TextEdit and save your changes. 

- After that reboot your system, you'll probably get your Pascal GPU working by now. 

Audio FIX / Microphone Fix / Siri Fix

In order to get your microphone working/siri. You'll need to download the file: "VoodooHDA.Kext" and then follow these steps: VoodooHDA.kext.zip
      1 - > Open Kext Wizard > click on "Installation" tab > drag and drop the file you've just downloaded and drop it in the middle of the app screen > click on Install.

After that, reboot your system and you'll probably get everything working by now just as I do  

• By insanelyDeepak
      A Minimal and Super Fast Kext Installer and Repair Permissions for Mac OS
      This app is written in Swift

Description :
      Drag one or several Kexts,Bundle,Plugin,PPP on the application (not a folder)
      Double Tap on "Drop your kext here" to select several Kexts,Bundle,Plugin,PPP on the application manually
      Change destination as desired (LE or SLE)
      Backup is created at Desktop
      Option to save log
      Choose auto-mode , when automode is not selected you have to press Install button after dragging files
      Use Drag-Drop or manually browse (click on drop section) files to select
      New option : Right click on kext , select open with EasyKextPro and rest will be automatically, you don't need to open app
      New option : Drag kext to EasykextPro icon and rest will be automatically , you don't need to open app

Note :
      for Mac OS 10.12 and greatersudo spctl --master-disable

for EL Capitan and Sierra disable SIP or use 0x03
      For Yosemite use kext-dev-mode=1
      Restart is required after installation

• By rahulk70
      Hi guys,
      Need help installing Sierra. The following are the specs :
      - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3Ghz
      - HP Intel 441449-001 motherboard
      - Gigabyte GT240
      - 6GB DDR2 RAM
      - Seagate 500GB 7200 HDD
      I tried booting from installer but endup with a kernel panic. Tried all these boot flags(kext-dev-mode=1 acpi=off GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 -v -x) in all combinations but it didn't work. I have attached a picture of the kernel panic below.

Thanks.
    • By greybaron
      Hello!
      I currently am trying to install macOS Sierra on my Lenovo Y50-70 and everything is working fine, including Wifi+Bluetooth, Display brightness, audio and power management. The only issues are:
      A) this is rather annoying, but can probably be fixed: using 10.9 Mavericks and Rehabmans VoodooPS2, my keyboard is working perfectly fine, FN+Arrow keys for brightness and audio control and the indicator LED on the caps lock key represents the correct status. On MacOS Sierra, this Kext does not work (KP) so I used bpedman's VoodooPS2 which does work, BUT the FN-Key has basically zero function. If I press FN+left/down/right, nothing happens, FN+Up (which should turn the brighness up) generates the letter "b". I know there is a way to modify the button mapping, but I don't know how.
      Problem B ) My laptop has an Alps Trackpad, but the Alps Touchpad Kext (every kext I have tried) reports an unknown trackpad and refuses to load, therefore I only can left-/right click and move my cursor, nothing more. Is there a way to force it to load or a compatible kext? I would LOVE to at least fix one of the two issues and would highly appreciate every suggestion!
    • By insanelyDeepak
      AppleHDA for RealTek - ALC887-VD

Patched AppleHDA for Mac OS Sierra and CloverHDA for clover on fly

Supported Layout_ID's :
      LayoutID = 11 : 3 ports supported (Pink, Green, Blue) (Note : without auto-switch , you have to manually select between output/input device's) Codec Address : 0
      LayoutID = 13 : 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Laranja, Pink, Green, Blue) Codec Address : 0
      LayoutID = 17 : 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Laranja, Pink, Green, Blue) Codec Address : 2
      LayoutID = 18 : 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Laranja, Pink, Green, Blue) Codec Address : 2

Installation :
      Read the READ ME file attached along with the kext.
      Use this flag is mandatory: disable SIP or use 0x03
      Install in S / L / E.
      After installing repair permissions and rebuild caches use an application of your choice.
      keep the feedback to kext enhancements.

Repo :
      Patched AppleHDA for Mac OS Sierra
      CloverHDA for Mac OS Sierra