Still waiting for root device in new 10.4.8

slide

6 posts in this topic

Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this? I have done a fresh install of the newest 10.4.8 disk and I get this message. I used to get this message when i tried to boot the private seed version of the 10.4.8 disk (before the ppf patch) but now using the new version i dont and I can install it fine. Also, before when i installed 10.4.6 i didnt get this message either, so there must be support for my hardware I just don't know what I need to do.

Thanks

Whats the specs on your hardware?

I can't remember the actual name of the motherboard but when I boot up, at the bottom i get

12/22/2005-P4M800CE-8237-6A7L6B09C-00

I installed OSX on a Maxtor 300GB HD which is a Primary Master and then the DVD is the Primary Slave

Sounds like there is a kext that is missing when osx is installed the the hd. (the dvd and the kext files copied to the HD are seperate btw).

Is there anyway to use the ones the dvd is using?

Ok, so I fixed this error in my setup (still more errors but thats for another topic i guess)

I got a copy of the IOATA kext from a 10.4.6 install (which worked perfectly for me) and the error went away.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, so I fixed this error in my setup (still more errors but thats for another topic i guess)

I got a copy of the IOATA kext from a 10.4.6 install (which worked perfectly for me) and the error went away.

Hey dude, I'm gettin the same error, I have the same chipset. I could install OS X, then rebooted, started the first time system configuration, and then, it just don't boot in the normal way, I have to add -x kernel option ;)

Can you share that kext?

Id really thank you that!