1 post in this topic

BETA: THUNDER for Mac OS X

Nostalgic musical application of beta version and fully working. Built for Mac OS X 10.5 and up, tested on Leopard and Snow Leopard.
Download includes 32-Bit i386 version and 32/64-Bit i386/X64 version.

Free beta download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3u6i1m3kiae7a43/THUNDER+THE+TAPE.zip

Picture_2.png

THUNDER

Back in the middle of the 90's, it was me and my friend A### that meet together in front my Macintosh LC630. Loaded with coffee and Catch snus we took almost every free moment to play a lot of fun games like Marathon, Power Pete, Crystal Caliburn etc. And in between we were discovering the digital music-tracker era.

Back then, the internet was an telephone/modem expensive thing and our last resort was to the times we got a Mac magazine with following floppy disk (later CD-Rom). Those magazine-floppies came loaded with freeware and promo-software and a lot more. I would say today that those magazines was part of the computer-ring connecting the fanatic users around the world by spreading collective music and it´s tools also to users that lack internet.

A### was impressed by the new techno/dance era and at my place we soon started passionately coding tracking-music together, that later resulted in this release. I can't explain what it was and it´s nostalgic feeling that still surrounds me when describe, why we back in the days were sitting indoors in the hottest summer-vacation days and do this but it is somehow right there in the music we made. Might that You also hear it?...

It was a few days ago when I went through the skeleton closet and found an old box with memorabilia. At bottom of that box found a tape similar to this applications splash-screen. After put the tape in the Sony Walkman and listen through it, the tape suddenly stopped after some song to find out, that the tape was cut off and repaired about 20 years ago and still it plays! Thereof one of the songs has this stop in it. After do my best record and make this application I am considered that this project currently finished. Enjoy!