Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gbudny

Gothic 1 and 2 for Mac (REGoth - the version 0.3 )

4 posts in this topic

Hi

I want to inform you that someone created the unofficial version of Gothic that you can compile on Mac OS X (Intel): 

https://github.com/REGoth-project/REGoth

Unfortunately, the current version of Gothic is not the fully playable version of this game. However, you can see that people are actively working on this project:

I haven't tried it yet. You can join the project if you want to run it and report bugs in the current release of this game. 
Perhaps, some users would be interested in developing REGoth for Mac.

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

Gothic takes some getting used to, I'll admit. The controls are a bit clunky and seem to frustrate first-time players.

But once you get past the learning curve, it's a great game.

Edited by gotekot

I've had Gothic 1 Game up and running in Linux perfectly before. I didn't use a wrapper or any of the prepackaged dealies. Rather, I set up a virtual environment. I think you can do that similar on MAC

Found this.

Get it from - http://www.paulthetall.com/mac-rpg-games.html

Scroll down choose Gothic > Download > Download now > scroll down choose Slow Download well unless you want to pay that is.

Once downloaded install Gothic into the Wineskin, once installed right click the Gothic icon > Open package > Double click Wineskin Icon > Open Advanced > Browse > drive_c > program files > GoG.com > gothic > system > click on GOTHIC.EXE > choose > Close Wineskin - Play Game and Have fun!