• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
randombrain

BCM94360CS appears as USB device, but no working Bluetooth

1 post in this topic

Hi folks,

I have a 94360CS card in a PCIe adapter, with a cable plugged into my mobo's internal USB2 header. WiFi is working. With SSDT, the relevant USB2 port (HS12 in my case) has been patched to have UsbConnector = 0xFF (internal port).

The card appears in System Information > USB and in IORegistryExplorer as "Bluetooth USB Host Controller", ID 0x05ac:8290, version 1.04. However, System Information > Bluetooth reports "no hardware found" and the Bluetooth prefpane does not appear in System Preferences; when I try to open the prefpane manually it tells me I can't, because I have no Bluetooth hardware.

Grepping system.log for "bluetooth" returns:

Feb 21 17:41:14 localhost kernel[0]: IOBluetoothUSBDFU::probe
Feb 21 17:41:14 localhost kernel[0]: IOBluetoothUSBDFU::probe ProductID - 0x8290 FirmwareVersion - 0x0104
Feb 21 17:41:14 localhost kernel[0]: IOBluetoothUSBDFU::start
Feb 21 17:41:14 localhost kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothFamily][start] -- completed
Feb 21 17:41:16 admins-iMac-2 com.apple.audio.DriverHelper[654]: The plug-in named BluetoothAudioPlugIn.driver requires extending the sandbox for the IOKit user-client class RootDomainUserClient.
Feb 21 17:41:16 admins-iMac-2 com.apple.audio.DriverHelper[654]: The plug-in named BluetoothAudioPlugIn.driver requires extending the sandbox for the IOKit user-client class IOHIDLibUserClient.
Feb 21 17:41:16 admins-iMac-2 com.apple.audio.DriverHelper[654]: The plug-in named BluetoothAudioPlugIn.driver requires extending the sandbox for the IOKit user-client class IOBluetoothL2CAPChannelUserClient.
Feb 21 17:41:16 admins-iMac-2 com.apple.audio.DriverHelper[654]: The plug-in named BluetoothAudioPlugIn.driver requires extending the sandbox for the IOKit user-client class IOBluetoothHCIUserClient.
Feb 21 17:41:16 admins-iMac-2 com.apple.audio.DriverHelper[654]: The plug-in named BluetoothAudioPlugIn.driver requires extending the sandbox for the IOKit user-client class IOBluetoothDeviceUserClient.
Feb 21 17:41:16 admins-iMac-2 com.apple.audio.DriverHelper[654]: The plug-in named BluetoothAudioPlugIn.driver requires extending the sandbox for the IOKit user-client class IOHIDResourceDeviceUserClient.
Feb 21 17:41:16 admins-iMac-2 com.apple.audio.DriverHelper[654]: The plug-in named BluetoothAudioPlugIn.driver requires extending the sandbox for the mach service named com.apple.blued.
Feb 21 17:41:16 admins-iMac-2 com.apple.audio.DriverHelper[654]: The plug-in named BluetoothAudioPlugIn.driver requires extending the sandbox for the mach service named com.apple.bluetoothaudiod.
Feb 21 17:41:16 admins-iMac-2 com.apple.audio.DriverHelper[654]: The plug-in named BluetoothAudioPlugIn.driver requires extending the sandbox for the mach service named com.apple.BluetoothDOServer.
Feb 21 17:41:16 admins-iMac-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.IOBluetoothUSBDFU[666]): Could not find and/or execute program specified by service: 13: Permission denied: /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothUSBDFU.kext/Contents/Resources/IOBluetoothUSBDFUTool
Feb 21 17:41:16 admins-iMac-2 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.IOBluetoothUSBDFU[666]): Service setup event to handle failure and will not launch until it fires.
Feb 21 17:41:17 admins-iMac-2 blued[97]: [BluetoothHIDDeviceController] EventServiceConnectedCallback
Feb 21 17:41:17 admins-iMac-2 blued[97]: [BluetoothHIDDeviceController] EventServiceDisconnectedCallback
Feb 21 17:41:17 admins-iMac-2 blued[97]: [BluetoothHIDDeviceController] EventServiceConnectedCallback
Feb 21 17:41:17 admins-iMac-2 blued[97]: [BluetoothHIDDeviceController] EventServiceDisconnectedCallback
Feb 21 17:41:17 admins-iMac-2 kernel[0]: **** [BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][RequireFirmwareUpdate] -- BLUETOOTH_MODULE_REQUIRES_FIRMWARE_UPDATE() returned true and SkipBluetoothAutomaticFirmwareUpdate is not set -- pid = 0x8290, version = 0x0104 -- this = 0xE800 ****
Feb 21 17:41:17 admins-iMac-2 kernel[0]: **** [BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][probe] -- Matched by Interface -- Need to wait for the Bluetooth firmware to be updated -- this = 0xE800 ****
Feb 21 17:41:46 admins-iMac-2 kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothFamily][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Any thoughts on how to proceed with troubleshooting? I have tried it in Windows 10, where it is recognized as an Apple Internal Bluetooth Device.

edit: forgot to say, I'm on 10.11.6, using an ASUS Maximus VIII Gene (Z170) motherboard.