Looking for cue-wav burning app

Timyang

8 posts in this topic

Any one know of any app (preferably universal) that can burn cue-wav combination like outputted from EAC? I know most CD-burning programs like Toast have support for the usual data cd format of cue+bin, but they don't seem to work with audio format of cue + wav.

any tips would be appreciated ;)

audio CD ripper like EAC output a cue file and a wav file (or sometimes the wav can be compressed in a lossless format), usually on windows I use Nero to burn the cue + wav combination in addition to the usual cue + bin for data CDs. However most of the CD-burning utilities on OS X supports cue + bin, I just can't seem to find one that will burn cue + wav audio CDs... any one has more clues?

audio CD ripper like EAC output a cue file and a wav file (or sometimes the wav can be compressed in a lossless format), usually on windows I use Nero to burn the cue + wav combination in addition to the usual cue + bin for data CDs. However most of the CD-burning utilities on OS X supports cue + bin, I just can't seem to find one that will burn cue + wav audio CDs... any one has more clues?

Did you read through the links I provided? Two postings up.

Thanks Rammjet for the links, however I'm looking specifically for burner utility that will Burn cue + wav, not rip cue + wav. The last link only gives a source of the console-based utility, any one know how to compile it on OS X?

/edit: Rammjet, I saw your first reply right after I posted that ;|

follow-up if anyone else encounter the same problem as I did:

I tested Burn, Disco, LiquidCD, turned that they do support cue + wav, although they did not explicitly state that (they only said they support cue/bin). When I select my cue/wav files, they will correctly recognize it's an audio CD with track numbers.

However, the result of the burn is far from perfect. Burn and Disco produced CDs that are can be profiled through CDDB (from itunes) just like the original CD, but with the first track one second off, so that the first second of track 2 went into the last second of track 1, then you hear that second repeated when switched from track 1 to track 2, especially bad if the music is suppose to be gapless. All other tracks are normal.

LiquidCD produced a CD that contains no errors like the other two apps, but then I cannot profile it from CDDB, iTunes says it cannot find the track information, although the track times are all identical to the original CD.

Any one know of any other/better app please let me know, for now I'm back with Nero. :)