Dell XPS 9550 detailled 10.11 Guide

Gymnae

60 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I followed this guide to install El Capitan on my XPS 9550 with i7, but i'm currently having a "still waiting for device" error, could you help me ?

I already run in safe mode and added the HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_5 kexts, but still the error occurs.

Thanks for the help!

If you want some help. You have to elaborate your issue a little more. Was your installation? I honestly more details

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Here is the result:

Active Profiles:Battery Power  1AC Power  -1*Currently in use: standbydelay         10800 standby              1 womp                 1 halfdim              1 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage powernap             0 gpuswitch            2 autorestart          0 networkoversleep     0 disksleep            10 sleep                60 (sleep prevented by softwareupdate_notify_agent) autopoweroffdelay    14400 hibernatemode        0 autopoweroff         1 ttyskeepawake        1 displaysleep         60p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo}span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}span.Apple-tab-span {white-space:pre} lidwake              1
Also, is there a way to enable USBc functionality without updating to Sierra?

Try this: 

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25

And regarding USBc not as far as I know

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone !

i have been trying to install el capitan on my XPS 15 since two days now with no luck because i can't even get the installer to boot
i get prohibited sign after some text in verbose mode : Missing bluetooth controller transport! , still waiting for root device

this is what i did :

1- i created the usb using rehabman guid
kexts used are : FakeSMC.kext, HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

i added the following to config.plist: ( from rehabman )

Into "Devices" section:

<key>FakeID</key>
<dict>
<key>IntelGFX</key>
<string>0x12345678</string>
</dict>

Into "Graphics" section:

<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x191b0000</string>

any help is greatly appreciated

PS: I tried all possible boot arguments combination -x -v -s cpus=1 dart=0 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 npci=0x3000

Hardware :

CPU : Intel Core™ i7-6700HQ
RAM : 16 GB-DDR4
GPU 1 : Intel HD 530
GPU 2 : NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M
SSD : 512GB Samsung PM951 NVMe M.2
Wireless Card : Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth

post-1671307-0-00468500-1485720437_thumb.jpg

post-1671307-0-29448400-1485720453_thumb.jpg

post-1671307-0-75260100-1485720471_thumb.jpg

post-1671307-0-14722100-1485720489_thumb.jpg

CLOVER.zip

Hi everyone !

i have been trying to install el capitan on my XPS 15 since two days now with no luck because i can't even get the installer to boot

i get prohibited sign after some text in verbose mode : Missing bluetooth controller transport! , still waiting for root device

this is what i did :

1- i created the usb using rehabman guid

kexts used are : FakeSMC.kext, HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

i added the following to config.plist: ( from rehabman )

Into "Devices" section:

<key>FakeID</key>

<dict>

<key>IntelGFX</key>

<string>0x12345678</string>

</dict>

Into "Graphics" section:

<key>ig-platform-id</key>

<string>0x191b0000</string>

any help is greatly appreciated

PS: I tried all possible boot arguments combination -x -v -s cpus=1 dart=0 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 npci=0x3000

Hardware :

CPU : Intel Core™ i7-6700HQ

RAM : 16 GB-DDR4

GPU 1 : Intel HD 530

GPU 2 : NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M

SSD : 512GB Samsung PM951 NVMe M.2

Wireless Card : Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth

How are you there? Reading your post. I think that the hacknvme.text cannot be use to boot the installer. Remove it and try again. The installer will boot but it won't see your SSD.

What I did was to add the patch to my config.plist under kextToload. You can find this on pikersuniversum

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/06/29/nvmefamily-kext-bin-patch-data-for-el-capitan/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How are you there? Reading your post. I think that the hacknvme.text cannot be use to boot the installer. Remove it and try again. The installer will boot but it won't see your SSD.

What I did was to add the patch to my config.plist under kextToload. You can find this on pikersuniversum

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/06/29/nvmefamily-kext-bin-patch-data-for-el-capitan/

i removed hacknvme and still same thing can't boot the installer

could it be a usb problem because i only have USB 3.0 ports

i removed hacknvme and still same thing can't boot the installer

could it be a usb problem because i only have USB 3.0 ports

Okay. But why do you have a AML file on your Clover/patched/ folder. You can't have patched files before having a working system. You have to remove havknvme and it's patched file. Try again.

Okay. But why do you have a AML file on your Clover/patched/ folder. You can't have patched files before having a working system. You have to remove havknvme and it's patched file. Try again.

sorry it took this long to reply

i did what you suggested but still no luck

i really don't understand where the problem really is no matter what i try it just won't boot 

anyway thank your help

• 4 months later...

I know, I´m the third noob hackintosher with the same problem. I am getting a garbled screen + still waiting for root devices. But I don't have a NVME m.2 SSD. I have an ADATA SU800 SATA M.2 2280 SSD witch does not use NVME protocol, but SATA. I´ll attach a picture of the specifications by speccy. I even tryed a bunch of NVME patches, but got the same error. I switched on and off most kexts and drivers, but I didn't get another error. Everytime it crashes at this point (attachement). Has someone a clue what the problem could be?

I know, I have too many kekts and drivers installed. But i tried any combination of drivers and kexts and did not get another result. But if someone knows if some of the files are bad and dont work, or i schould try any additional one i would be glad to hear ;).

Thanks in advance. I am really looking forward using my new Macbook.

post-2161341-0-33062400-1498732393_thumb.png

post-2161341-0-75217300-1498732425_thumb.jpg

CLOVER.zip

• 4 weeks later...

I know, I´m the third noob hackintosher with the same problem. I am getting a garbled screen + still waiting for root devices. But I don't have a NVME m.2 SSD. I have an ADATA SU800 SATA M.2 2280 SSD witch does not use NVME protocol, but SATA. I´ll attach a picture of the specifications by speccy. I even tryed a bunch of NVME patches, but got the same error. I switched on and off most kexts and drivers, but I didn't get another error. Everytime it crashes at this point (attachement). Has someone a clue what the problem could be?

I know, I have too many kekts and drivers installed. But i tried any combination of drivers and kexts and did not get another result. But if someone knows if some of the files are bad and dont work, or i schould try any additional one i would be glad to hear ;).

Thanks in advance. I am really looking forward using my new Macbook.

Hey, if you are still troubled and stuck with this, I would switch to the wmchris guide. But it reads like you might be missing the hacknvm.aml in the patched folder? Check if you installed the .aml for the nvme hack :)

• Like 1