Hard drive not detected in installation

vvkk

10 posts in this topic

I am trying to install the 10.4.6 patched dvd but when I go to disk utility there are no hard drives found, only the dvd drive that it is installing from. Please can you help me get my hard drive detected.

thanks

is it sata? or ata hard drive?

if its ata it must be the primary and the dvd drive the secondary...and you can't use cable select. Also if yours has an ITE ide controller I don't believe those work...

As for SATA if you have 2 different SATA controllers try plugging the hard drive into a port on the other controller..

Guest bikedude880
Ive got windows on a SATA drive and im trying to install OS X on another ATA drive which I have formatted to FAT32 Logical.

You say you formatted the drive as a Logical partition? Try formatting it as primary and see what happens. Use Google if you need to know how to do that.

I am using an ATA drive. I planned to convert my Logical to Primary after OS X is installed. Does the Hard drive have to be on the same cable as the dvd drive? Because there is only 1 channel on this motherboard that works with CD/DVD drives and it doesnt work with hard drives.

is it sata? or ata hard drive?

if its ata it must be the primary and the dvd drive the secondary...and you can't use cable select. Also if yours has an ITE ide controller I don't believe those work...

and i don't belive you can install on a partiton that is logical your bound to get a waiting for root device error with that...

only other option is vmware