New MBP Core 2 Duo In WinXP Pro + Bootcamp 1.1.2. Need help!

5150 Joker

4 posts in this topic

For those of you that are using the new MBP + newest bootcamp, I have a couple questions:

1. How do you configure the trackpad's sensitivity (cursor moves when i'm typing because my thumbs hit the trackpad) and how do you enable left click (by left click I mean tapping the trackpad and performing a double click action or selecting an item. I do not mean right click)?

2. Are the fans turning on for any of you in XP? The lower left part of the MBP is getting warm (probably from the HD) yet I haven't heard the fans kick on yet.

3. I have two device issues in system manager:

a) I have an exclamation mark next to USB Human Interface Device with the Device ID of: USB\VID_05AC&PID_8240\5&11730951&0&2

:P I have an unknown PCI device with the following device id:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A3&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&38

Does anyone know what those devices are and whether or not I can get drivers for them?

Thanks.

The trackpad unfortunately doesn't support tapping with the latest drivers. On my macbook the fans kick on in windows more often than in OSX. If you keep the vents clear though you should rarely hear them kick on. As for the devices they are normal. I'm not sure specificly what they are but Bootcamp hasn't addressed them in any release sofar. They show up on the iMac too.

The trackpad unfortunately doesn't support tapping with the latest drivers. On my macbook the fans kick on in windows more often than in OSX. If you keep the vents clear though you should rarely hear them kick on. As for the devices they are normal. I'm not sure specificly what they are but Bootcamp hasn't addressed them in any release sofar. They show up on the iMac too.

Thanks, guess I'll just wait for another bootcamp update that adds the functionality and drivers. BTW, when a new version does come out, do you have to burn a new bootcamp cd and then extract the drivers in windows to update or do you simply reinstall everything?

Thanks, guess I'll just wait for another bootcamp update that adds the functionality and drivers. BTW, when a new version does come out, do you have to burn a new bootcamp cd and then extract the drivers in windows to update or do you simply reinstall everything?

Normally I would just run the new driver update but I use vista so I'm forced to extract and manually install as the installer craps out and undoes everything.