Unattended boot flags with darwin?

ainuke

11 posts in this topic

Hi Gents,

First post, first Hackintosh; please be kind...

I've managed to set up Yosemite in VMWare Player using Niresh's distro. Everything's working fine, as far as I can tell, but since I want to have this running unattended on WHS 2011, I'd like to be able to boot through darwin/chameleon without having to input my boot flag (/amd64) manually. Is there a config file within the bootloader partition or VMWare where I can specify the boot flag so it can go about its merry way without me?

Thanks for the advice!

Erik

Look inside the root of the installed drive for the Extra folder. Inside will be org.chameleon.Boot.plist Open it with a text editor and add the following lines,

<key>Quiet Boot</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

Hi Shaneee,

Thank you for the response.

Will that allow for the /amd64 flag?

Regards,

Erik

Look inside the root of the installed drive for the Extra folder. Inside will be org.chameleon.Boot.plist Open it with a text editor and add the following lines,

<key>Quiet Boot</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

Hi Shaneee,

Ok, just tried this. Bootloader still shows me options for install and recovery disks, then "boot:" where I enter "/amd64".

This is what org.chameleon.Boot.plist has:

<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1024x768x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>debug=8 ahcidisk=1 dart=0</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

what would be the syntax for adding "/amd64"?

Thanks again for your patience.

Erik

EDIT: just to clarify, nothing appears to have changed with quiet boot. Still being asked for boot flag, which I need (just hitting {enter} at "boot:" prompt takes me to Hackintosh Zone screen with no loading bar).

Use this one. If it still doesn't work then Chameleon may be installed on the EFI partition and is using the Extra folder there,

Thanks.

Tried replacing /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist with the file you provided.

Still stopping at bootloader screen and waiting for "/amd64" flag. (If I just {enter} through it, I go to a Hackintosh Zone screen where it hangs without progress bar).

The boot partition has the following folders:

/Library (which has /Receipts with a few org.chameleon files, .core, .post, .pre, .standard, in both .bom and .plist versions)

/usr

boot (appears to be encrypted or gibberish)

Chameleon_Installer_Log.txt

In the / folder, in addition to /Extra, there's a /EFI that has /Boot and /Clover.

Waaaay out of my depth here, but trying to tread water. Thanks for your help!

Are you sure it uses Chameleon/Enoch? Post a picture of the bootloader screen please.

Sorry to delay getting back to you. I've had to step away from my project for a couple days, but now I'm back.

Attached is an image of the boot loader screen where I input the kernel to be used.

No doubt I'm an idiot for missing/misunderstanding something...

Cheers!

post-1904406-0-39604000-1481585778_thumb.png

Yes, Extra is in the root.

So, I have no idea what's going on, either. I tried another Niresh distro (but for Mavericks), and the bootloader is totally different. Its a GUI, and the boot flags only need to be entered once (not every boot). It gets me to a stable VM unattended, so I think I'm going to just go that route instead of fussing around with the Yosemite with the PITA bootloader. I'm using it for something very specific, and 10.9 works just as well as 10.10 for my needs.

Thanks for all your help!

Erik

• Like 1