could anybody tell me how to get a mifki's kernel?

papillon

20 posts in this topic

I installed JaS 10.4.7 SSE3, updated to "JaS 10.4.8 SSE3 Intel only" (thats the only 4.8 that will give me artoo)

Copied mach_kernel.mifki from DVD to desktop then copied again to /Users, in users file I renamed and dropped .mifki

Installed Apple 10.4.8

Replaced kernel and needed files

Did some terminal magic :hysterical:

Repaired with disk utility and rebooted to 8.8.1

The first boot gave diskarb errors, then second boot was good :sorcerer:

Needed files would be: AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext,AppleSMBIOS.kext,IOATAFamily.kext

Get those files from your 10.4.6 install :gun: Good Luck!

@Rammjet, I knew I was headed for trouble ;)

No trouble here.

I wouldn't say damaged. I've updated from dvd to one hard drive, but not for a NOVICE user.

He referred to his as the damaged one, so I called it that so he would know which one to use. I put it in quotes because it isn't all that damaged. Works generally fine for me.

i want a new kernel

Follow joe75's instructions. You add Apple 10.4.8 and then add the new kernel you copy from the "damaged" DVD.

Sheesh!

No trouble here.

He referred to his as the damaged one, so I called it that so he would know which one to use. I put it in quotes because it isn't all that damaged. Works generally fine for me.

Follow joe75's instructions. You add Apple 10.4.8 and then add the new kernel you copy from the "damaged" DVD.

Sheesh!

oh, then my reply has no, um yeah.

The dvd won't boot, But I manage to do an update from with in osx 10.4.7, What a pain that was.