Realtek 8139 Ethernet in 10.4.8

pabloX

16 posts in this topic

As the topic says, after a new installation of JaS' 10.4.8 with the new kernel, my Realtek 8139 PCI ethernet card is not detected by the OS. Is there a fix for this that I have missed somewhere? All previous versions worked with this without any problems.

Thanks

As the topic says, after a new installation of JaS' 10.4.8 with the new kernel, my Realtek 8139 PCI ethernet card is not detected by the OS. Is there a fix for this that I have missed somewhere? All previous versions worked with this without any problems.

Thanks

I know it doesn't help you much, but I've got the same problem. :rolleyes:

I try two solution and they give my network card detected in pref panel both it is off

system show cable is not plug

first one is DeamonES driver http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...11&t=29436#

after installation network card are show and have name 8168 I can change Ip manually but this don't work

second method is by extracting IOnNetwerokFamily.kext from 10.4.5 and replaced this one from 10.4.8. This family.kext have 8139 kext in it. This fix some problem that show in log earlier

1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet isn't a valid mach-o

Nov 1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: error mapping module file com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet

Nov 1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: can't map com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet in preparation for loading

Nov 1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: Can't determine dependencies for com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet.

Nov 1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "com_apple_driver_RTL8139"

isn't a valid mach-o it look like originally driver was for different architecture PPC? :|

card is show in pref panel but I can hange anything on it, there is message cable is unplug :(

but these errors from log don't show anymore

I don't see anything suspicious in logs and stuck in this point

I think that this isn't driver problem some framework or something is crewed too

Hi

I try two solution and they give my network card detected in pref panel both it is off

system show cable is not plug

first one is DeamonES driver http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...11&t=29436#

after installation network card are show and have name 8168 I can change Ip manually but this don't work

second method is by extracting IOnNetwerokFamily.kext from 10.4.5 and replaced this one from 10.4.8. This family.kext have 8139 kext in it. This fix some problem that show in log earlier

1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet isn't a valid mach-o

Nov 1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: error mapping module file com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet

Nov 1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: can't map com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet in preparation for loading

Nov 1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: Can't determine dependencies for com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet.

Nov 1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "com_apple_driver_RTL8139"

isn't a valid mach-o it look like originally driver was for different architecture PPC? :|

card is show in pref panel but I can hange anything on it, there is message cable is unplug :(

but these errors from log don't show anymore

I don't see anything suspicious in logs and stuck in this point

I think that this isn't driver problem some framework or something is crewed too

After Install errors

Software needed

Pacifist

No Ethernet - Realtek RTL 8139 PCI

With Pacifist Copy from DVD Jas 10.4.7

-> Contents of Jas 10.4.7 Patches

-> Contents of 10.4.7 Intel SS3.pkg

-> Sytem

-> Library

-> Extensions

Install AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext

delete Extension cache

reboot

And Taraaaa

Working ....

Hi

After Install errors

Software needed

Pacifist

No Ethernet - Realtek RTL 8139 PCI

With Pacifist Copy from DVD Jas 10.4.7

-> Contents of Jas 10.4.7 Patches

-> Contents of 10.4.7 Intel SS3.pkg

-> Sytem

-> Library

-> Extensions

Install AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext

delete Extension cache

reboot

And Taraaaa

Working ....

do you delete IONetwrokFamy.kext ?

EDIT I test this now, my hackintos is so amazing fast now uhhhhhhh

Yea it works

but I don't find AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext anywhere I copied IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.3 /System/Installation/System/1111Patches.pkg using Pacyfist It must be patched, earlier I use normal one and that don't work

EDIT: or maybe these standard IONetworkingFamily.kext will load after device id hack, I am a moron :pirate2:

i copied over AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext from a 10.4.7 install to my 10.4.8. then repaired permissions. it works fine now.

I had to repair the permissions using the terminal. the disk utility is fubar'd in 10.4.8

Can you please explain where to find AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext from the 10.4.7 DVD, and what the repair permissions command is? Thanks.

Hi I am new to this fourm and I need some help with a Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet card. I installed the Jas MAC OS X 10.4 and updated to the new Jas 10.4.8 update. Ever since I installed the 10.4, I haven't been able to install any drivers and I don't know how. Can anyone please guide me step by step how to do it? Thanks a lot in advance!

Here are my specs:

Toshiba Satellite M115-S3094

Core Duo Processor T2050

Chipset type Mobile Intel 945GM Express

RAM 512 MB

Video Intel GMA 950

Hard drive 80 GB Serial ATA/IDE

Ok well I figured out how to get the Realtek 8139 going.

Basically you gotta install a previous version of 10.4 which is know to work with your Realtek card (I installed 10.4.6 first), and then install the 10.4.8 over the top doing an upgrade install (boot off the DVD and do this). This fixed my ethernet problems and also restored the sound support too.

Hope this helps!

I couldn't get it to work also. I've tried copying IONetworkingFamiliy.kext from goatsecxs, wasn't working. Copied it from JaS 10.4.7 dvd, and also wasn't working. Does anybody knows an other solution? Or else I just have to wait for the ppf patch for the JaS dvd that enables AMD kernel. Cause that way I can try to just update the existing installion with internet working on it.

Strange this is btw that with the old IONetworkingfamily.kext , appleRTL8139Ethernet.kext is being loaded. So my card is detected but it just doesn't give me internet...

Ok well I figured out how to get the Realtek 8139 going.

Basically you gotta install a previous version of 10.4 which is know to work with your Realtek card (I installed 10.4.6 first), and then install the 10.4.8 over the top doing an upgrade install (boot off the DVD and do this). This fixed my ethernet problems and also restored the sound support too.

Hope this helps!

Well, i tried this, and it does fix my sound... but not my 8139 :)

Next thing i'm gonna try is to use the ionetworking.kext from the original 10.4.8 update, another user suggested this. If that don't work either, i'm out of ideas... hope someone could make an easy fix for this (yes i thing it's a huge) problem...

• 2 months later...

I've got the same problem with the realtek built in ethernet card, I've tried to replace the IONetworkingfamily.kext and the AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext from 10.4.7 jas, but nothing works for me, my card is detected but I can't do any configuration, osx say cable not connected.

Could someone pm me the 2 good kext, and if is another thing to do after replacing reparing permissions and remove kext cache files ?

thanks in advance, from France