Can't open CUDA Preferences in system preferences

jstancil

6 posts in this topic

I have a hack up and running, installed 10.10.5 following RampageDev's clover installation...for the most part.  Everything is working except sound, which I get around by using USB.  I installed the NVIDIA drivers from here, used 10.10.5 V1.  Here is the hardware list

ASUS Sabertooth X79

i7 - 4930k

GeForce GTX 770

I go to download the CUDA drivers in the link from the same guide, get them installed.  Now every time the machine boots up or I try and go to the CUDA panel in system preferences I get this error, "You can't open CUDA Preferences preferences pane because it doesn't work on an intel-based Mac."  Not sure what gives.  Any ideas?

I boot with nvda_drv=1 and everything else seems to function fine, just can't get CUDA rolling.  It's a problem because I use DaVinci Resolve.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Let me know if I left out any pertinent info.  Thanks!

post-1313542-0-14980600-1477345797_thumb.png

I have a horrible screen with Sierra. I have decided that the updates beyond Yosemite aren't worth the aggravation. Sound is bad, can't get past the SIP road block and screen graphics are horrible. So long Sierra, I'm perfectly happy with Yosemite.

Yeah this was a Yosemite install, I've heard all the issues with Sierra.  Tried to go with El Capitan but couldn't get that up and running so I stepped back to Yosemite.  All is good except this one issue, which would bother me except I need to use DaVinci.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue on Yosemite.  You can’t open CUDA Preferences preferences pane because it doesn’t work on an Intel-based Mac.

Weird that I never had this issue before.  It's new...maybe try an older cuda?  

Edit:  Tried an older cuda install file from 2014...works.  Try it out.

For yosemite, try CUDA Driver Version: 7.5.30.

This is the latest one I am on and its working now.