Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Choppy HTML5 HD video playing in Safari

1 post in this topic

With the new update that brings Safari 10 to el Capitan, I can't watch videos in Flash Player anymore, so I have to stay in HTML5 in Youtube.

The problem is when I choose a HD quality, the video is choppy (didn't experienced it with flash, so is not my graphics card).

I wonder if there is a patch or something to make this work properly. I read something that is related to hw acceleration, but I don't really now.

Thanks in advance.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mr.Darkwraith
      Is it possible to install/run Android TV/x86 on the 1st generation Apple TV?
    • By justinreyesv
      Recently upgraded to the Yosemite Public Beta and everything is working beautifully, as expected but playing videos causes my hackintosh to crash.
      Now I know it's not a Yosemite-specific issue because I had this same issue when I was using Mavericks and installing the NVIDIA Web Drivers fixed it for me (along with the pink-stutter frame issues in Flash Player) but the NVIDIA Web Drivers do not work with Yosemite yet for some reason (don't see why not other than version checking) and they disable themselves on startup.
      Is there any way around this? 
      My current config is Clover UEFI (latest one)
      Intel i5 4670k @ 4.3GHz
      Gigabyte G1 Sniper m5
      16GB DDR3 2200MHz
      EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC 2GB GDDR5
      Hope this is not just something I'm experiencing myself, tried to do a bit more googling and can't find any references (love all the info going around, almost seems like I never have to post anymore and I really try to avoid doing so but I'm completely stumped with this issue)
    • By stephndsz
      I have a late 2012 Mac Mini i5 Dual Core which came with 4GB RAM, been using it since December '13. I decided to Upgrade the RAM (Memory) to 8GB and bought 'Two Corsair Value Select 1600 MHz' 4GB RAM sticks and upgraded it to 8GB about a week and half back. Currently Running Mavericks 10.9.3

Since then I have experienced that the Mac during some youtube videos, hangout video calls (Chrome Browser) etc crashes and I get the 'Grey Screen asking me to press any button to Restart screen'.

It happens atleast once daily sometimes twice. today it happened a lot. 

I've checked the 'About Mac' memory tab says 8GB with both sticks working fine. Even ran a Apple Hardware Test this morning and got a clean result.

Can anyone help me with this? thanks
    • By bojwolb
      Hello, can anyone please tell me how to make an Automator service which enables you to open a YouTube page which is already open in Safari in mplayer?  I have tried many ways but all of them have been fruitless up to this point.  Can someone please help me out with this?  Thanks.
    • By joe_black
      Built a hackintosh and now you're stumped because Youtube and other Flash media just won't load properly no matter what you try?
      I had the same problem and Googling leaves a bunch of unanswered questions.
      Here's what I did:
      Step 1) Install the most compatible video kext for your build (Even if QE/CI don't work)
      Step 2) Install most updated version of Adobe Flash
      Step 3) Install Google Chrome (most updated version)
      Step 4) Open Google Chrome settings
      Step 5) At the bottom, click Advanced Settings and uncheck the option for hardware acceleration
      Step 6) Restart Chrome and open a Flash video, right click it and hit Settings
      Step 7) Uncheck Flash's option for hardware acceleration
      Step 8) Restart Chrome again and you should have full Flash support