ASUS P5B Deluxe with JaS 10.4.8?

datil

2 posts in this topic

will this asus p5b deluxe motherboard (intel p965 chipset) work with JaS 10.4.8 OSX86 dvd?

i want to make sure before wasting another dvd-r that everything will work.. or not.

my hardware is this: geforce 7600gs video card, integrated marvell yukon gigabit ethernet, plextor px-716AL dvd+rw drive and as i said, intel's ich8r controller on the motherboard for the sata hard disks.

hope you can help me out with this.

thanks.

will this asus p5b deluxe motherboard (intel p965 chipset) work with JaS 10.4.8 OSX86 dvd?

i want to make sure before wasting another dvd-r that everything will work.. or not.

my hardware is this: geforce 7600gs video card, integrated marvell yukon gigabit ethernet, plextor px-716AL dvd+rw drive and as i said, intel's ich8r controller on the motherboard for the sata hard disks.

hope you can help me out with this.

thanks.

at this point I doubt anyone can tell you. No one has the 10.4.8 DVD yet so they haven't tested it (AFAIK). It might work ok, though people have had trouble with the 965 chipsets. Your video card might have support with the new kernal and hack or two, I think Omni has recently had success with something new he wrote and the 10.4.8 kernel. nVidia cards have been difficult (or impossible) to get working with the older releases, so if it works, it'd be a very recent development.

Your best bet is to download and try, or wait a few weeks and see if anyone else has a similar setup. Search the forums for 965 and see what others have had to do to get it working.

good luck-