NVMeP

Micky1979

46 posts in this topic

Well, not all hardware(s) works the same way :hysterical:

care to try the non "B" version too.. always in SLE? plz plz?

Both seem to work in SLE, any reason for me to go back to the B-version Micky1979?

so

clover not inject kext ....mhmm 

have you Fake smc in SLE 

no FakeSMC.kext in Kexts/10.12 folder

I shall watch a TV show now before bed, thanks for staying with me guys, much appreciated!!!

Both seem to work in SLE, any reason for me to go back to the B-version Mickey1979?

No any, from my point of view. Rehabman is on another advice, so do as you like.

I shall watch a TV show now before bed, thanks for staying with me guys, much appreciated!!!

Be sure to have InjectKexts = Detect

Hi,

i tested both versions NVMeP_2.3 and NVMeP_2.3B.

Installing v2.3B borg.kext in clover/kexts/10.12 results in a KP at boot. (boot with rebuild caches/without caches)

Installing v2.3 borg.kext in clover/kexts/10.12 results in nothing. System boots, but NVME drive don´t show up. With I/O reg its shown as Apple NVMe controller, but nothing mounted.

Installing both versions, and a v2.3 with arg -a generated kext, installed in /L/E works for me with Sierra GM 16A320.

Tested with 2 running installations/disks with latest Clover. 

I´m using a Samsung SSD 950 Pro 512 GB NVME and a Samsung MZHPS256HDGL AHCI SSD.

Now i´m using v2.3 with -a generated kext without any problems. 

But one problem is still present: i can´t install Sierra direct (or an update from 10.11.6) to the NVME drive. The installer is booting, drive is found and install/update begins, but it always reboots without a kernel panic at the same install position (2 minutes). 

My workaround for this is always using a AHCI SSD for installation/update and clone it.

• Like 1

Is your bios capable of boot through nvme? You should have an option for that... otherwise you can't

-a use the original apple class code, so the question is: does not work for you w/o give this argument to NVMeP?

Thanks

Since update to GM 16A320 all versions work in /L/E.

But with GM 16A319 or PB 7 / DP 8 i´m having trouble. 1 Partition is still PB 7 as Backup. 

I think this NVMe driver is a diva, a big one! I have no idea what´s going on. At this moment, it works.  :)

So let´s see what happens after the next update.... 

Yes, i can boot from a NVMe drive.

• Like 1

Both seem to work in SLE, any reason for me to go back to the B-version Micky1979?

I mucked around with this again in the morning and not sure if i made a mistake last night copying the differing kexts over, but today i can only get NVMeP_v2.3 working, the NVMeP_v2.3b doesn't seem to load. Maybe i had originally copied the wrong kext over or something...

I mucked around with this again in the morning and not sure if i made a mistake last night copying the differing kexts over, but today i can only get NVMeP_v2.3 working, the NVMeP_v2.3b doesn't seem to load. Maybe i had originally copied the wrong kext over or something...

Omg

I mucked around with this again in the morning and not sure if i made a mistake last night copying the differing kexts over, but today i can only get NVMeP_v2.3 working, the NVMeP_v2.3b doesn't seem to load. Maybe i had originally copied the wrong kext over or something...

And it works from :w00t: ?? Consider that after removing a kext in SLE, if you don't rebuild the cache .. the old kext may be included in the prelinkedkernel (exactly the same as loading it from SLE)

• Like 1

easy easy?

1. Download  Pandora's Box 3.027 (or update from the existing)
  2. Open Hermes.app to create an USB installer.
  3. Select the USB pen drive as target
  4. Select the Install macOS Sierra.app (Hermes autoselect the first found in /Application, so if it is not the final version, just navigate to find the right app)
  5. Do not select "createinstallmedia"
  6. Press start.
  7. at the end of the process Hermes will ask you if you want to install the bootloader and the FakeSMC. Skip if you don't want (maybe you already have Clover installed on your PC.. and is able to boot sierra).

Open Zeus.app from Pandora:

1. select the volume containing the installer just made (Pandora Installer) and go to the "Disks" tab.
  2. press "Patch IONVMEFamily.kext into IONVMEFamilyBorg.kext", read the messagge that should be positive  ;) and press "Start"
  3. select /System/Library/Extensions (should be already enabled)
  4. go ahead untill the installation is made and restart and boot into the installer.

Carmine the kext is inside the installer,  so if you do like I said maybe will work, otherwise I can't tell you much.

Extract the kext from BaseSystem.dmg, place it on desktop:

mkdir -p $HOME/Desktop/patched
cd $HOME/Desktop/patched
$HOME/Desktop/NVMeP -k $HOME/Desktop/IONVMEFamily.kext
open $HOME/Desktop/patched

use NVMeP normal version. good luck

• Like 1