blank quicktime window 10.4.8

twinkiestar

5 posts in this topic

tried 10.4.8 (Jas) on an intel 915 motherboard (P4, 2.4G, no HT), everything works fine, except now if I go to apple.com/trailers try to view quicktime trailer, all the clip can only show nothing: blank (black) window with no content while it is playing, I can hear the sound though. Is there a missing step that I should configure for the graphics card?

thank you

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think its anything to do with sse2. I have an sse3 pentium and I have had the same problem. After checking software update I found there was an available quicktime download. I think it was 7.1.3. After installing this it worked but I am getting a stutter in the quicktime window. The frame rate is also very erratic, showing anything from 20 to 40 frames a second.

I too had the exact same problem with Quicktime after JaS 10.4.8 install. I checked the software updates and installed the Quicktime update that is available. It solved the problem for me.

Also, for stuttering sound/video, make sure your FSB is set correctly; if it's not, you may experience problems with video/sound. I know I did. Just set your FSB in com.apple.Boot.plist to whatever your computer is /4. For example, my laptop runs at 533 and I divide by 4 to get ~133. Search the forums on this it's all over.