macvidia?

21 posts in this topic

Could some one please send me the latest macvidia drivers as well? My email is canwolf AT gmail DOT com. :2cents:

It must be bad luck because apparently, the day I finally managed to install OS X on my PC natively, the macvidia website stopped working (I even thought it's my ethernet driver (by forcedeth) glitching at first!). Right now I can't get OS X to run at anything higher than 1024x768 (even if I specify my "Graphics Mode" at boot prompt), I assume that's because I don't have proper drivers for my NVidia card.

By the way, thanks to JaS (whose DVD I am using) and everyone else for their efforts to get OS X running on non-Apple machines. This is just awesome!

Yeah cause 1024x768 on a 19inch widescreen monitor sucks. When macvidia doesn't want the drivers to be uploaded at another place, they should keep their site working.

If you want to have the drivers, you have to go to macvidia. If you're looking for help....go to macvidia. And when macvidia is down.....nobody gets help, nobody gets the drivers. That's great.

Yeah cause 1024x768 on a 19inch widescreen monitor sucks. When macvidia doesn't want the drivers to be uploaded at another place, they should keep their site working.

If you want to have the drivers, you have to go to macvidia. If you're looking for help....go to macvidia. And when macvidia is down.....nobody gets help, nobody gets the drivers. That's great.

You should keep a copy of all their builds so you have them when needed :(

You can get all the help you could ask for right here :D

When macvidia doesn't want the drivers to be uploaded at another place, they should keep their site working.

Both the Callisto website and the Macvidia website are hosted by the starchaser.org domain. Both are down. It is not a conspiracy by NP and Macvidia to keep you from getting drivers. Periodically the starchaser.org domain goes down for maintenance or whatever. It usually comes back in a few hours or a day. The Macvidia site has no control over the situation except to move to another site. And since their hosting is being given to them for free, I don't anticipate that happening any time soon.

So, just chill out for a while.

http://macvidia.starchaser.org

http://omni.starchaser.org/callisto

Ok I understand that it isn't their fault that their server is down, but I can't understand why they don't allow their work to be shared. When their site is down, it shouldn't be a problem if somebody uploads the requested driver somewhere else and posts the link in this forum.

@ Carcha: they're writing the driver and they're giving it to you for free and no one gives them money for their work, so we cannot pretend anything from them.

They don't want links of the driver in other sites because if there would be, they wouldn't get all the feedbacks they are receiving now.

It's not so hard to wait a little.

Ok I understand that it isn't their fault that their server is down, but I can't understand why they don't allow their work to be shared. When their site is down, it shouldn't be a problem if somebody uploads the requested driver somewhere else and posts the link in this forum.

Its nice to control one build to "keep it simple stupid", and its harder to give help for all versions.

The driver is owned by np_ and we are fortunate to have it available, macvidia is just where he wants it distributed :2cents: