ASUS Z170M-PLUS Instant Wake

Twa

12 posts in this topic

Today I'm focus to fix problem instant wake after sleep on my Hack. By hardware check  i knew it came from USB connect of my PCI wifi card (BCM94360CDto Mainboard, if i disconnect it, sleep seems work (but wifi or bluetooth gone :( ). I need some help !

First Problem: My original DSDT had some error

14473, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG1
17910, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}'
33478, 6126, syntax error, unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File

tried fix it in MaciASL with "ADBG error" patch by RehabMan  and remove some error lines then all error gone but i got so many warnings 

Second Problem: Sleep instant wake, tried patch "_PRW 0x6D Skylake Instant Wake" in MaciASL, then it can sleep but cann't wake from any usb device, have anyway to disable only USB-port caused wake ? 

Thanks !

Here I attached Origin-DSDT and IOReg export file and error/usb-port images

Origin-DSDT.zip

post-613521-0-48518200-1468427109_thumb.png

post-613521-0-44117300-1468427123_thumb.png

post-613521-0-97915100-1468427136_thumb.png

• Like 1

Have you tried to modify the XSEL, ESEL and XWAK methods from your DSDT, patching them to be empty?

Fixes a lot of problems on most Hacks.. :D

thanks but have not those methods in my DSDT, my USB and Wifi/BT were worked no problem after sleep !

Please extract your native ACPI tables with Clover, by pressing F4 at the selection GUI screen. Upload all the native tables that will be in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin as a zip to here, and I may be able to help you. The problem is related to USB changes in El Capitan, that render USB Bluetooth or WiFi unusable.

Your problem is that you are not decompiling properly. You cant treat aml files as a sole file, you have to consider the SSDTs and other tables when you are fixing and hacking.

Let me know when you can.

As I see Your mobo has Chipset LGA1151 and I am guessing you have a Skylake CPU? Please answer.. 

Because your mobo also supports next generation, so I am unsure

yep as in my sign i'm using a i5 6600K

You should now generate a proper SSDT for power management in your Hackintosh. Piker alpha might be of help and check everywhere because I am unsure how to do that for Skylake. You should also choose an adequate SMBIOS of a Skylake Mac, so that you get proper graphics power management and proper stepping and CPU throttling.

Here are the files you should use, and you should also add the custom generated SSDT to the ones I sent you and put them all in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched and use the SortedOrder in the Clover config.plist 's file, making sure there are no typos.

ACPI files.zip

Your problem with the sleep is most probably the lack of proper power management and using an inadequate SMBIOS for your processor. Also you have quite a unique Motherboard when it comes to USB devices, so expect it to be a lot more temperamental than most. Let me know how it went.

PS: Make sure to set the hibernatemode to 0 and if  the problem still persists you could try renaming your GFX0 device to IGPU and that might be helpful.

• Like 1

You should now generate a proper SSDT for power management in your Hackintosh. Piker alpha might be of help and check everywhere because I am unsure how to do that for Skylake. You should also choose an adequate SMBIOS of a Skylake Mac, so that you get proper graphics power management and proper stepping and CPU throttling.

Here are the files you should use, and you should also add the custom generated SSDT to the ones I sent you and put them all in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched and use the SortedOrder in the Clover config.plist 's file, making sure there are no typos.

attachicon.gifACPI files.zip

Your problem with the sleep is most probably the lack of proper power management and using an inadequate SMBIOS for your processor. Also you have quite a unique Motherboard when it comes to USB devices, so expect it to be a lot more temperamental than most. Let me know how it went.

PS: Make sure to set the hibernatemode to 0 and if  the problem still persists you could try renaming your GFX0 device to IGPU and that might be helpful.

Thank you ACPI file just worked fine, now i can sleep and wake with power button, still have warnings in DSDT complite but i will skip it, now i will research about CPU Power Management !

Nice bro, I am happy. The errors in your compiler appear because you are not using the latest version of MaciASL and ACPICA tools which count with ACPI 6.1 , that might be the bump in the road for you. If you wanna improve your Hackintosh then you should consider what I told you above about generating a power management SSDT, and possibly renaming your GFX0 devices a well as your USB methods.

I guess you could mark the thread as solved then, so that everyone can hopefully learn a bit from it :D

• Like 2