One Click upload to ImageShack via rightclick - get URL in Clipboard

xtraa

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

seems I just discovered the power of automator... so here is the deal:

What it does:

You can rightclick any* image from your Desktop or Finder and you can upload it via the menueentry to

ImageShack without opening Safari and gives you the URL to the Image in Clipboard. So you just have to

paste it into a forum.

*By "any" Image I mean of course all images that ImageReady allows:

jpg jpeg png gif bmp tif tiff swf up to 1.5 mb.

How to install it:

1. Download the Action and drag it into Automator. (You will see the green "+" sign at your pointer)

2. Download the attached automator Script from here and click it. imageshacker.zipIn Automator save it as a PlugIn, name it "Imageshacker" (or whatever you want) and select "Finder from the pulldownmenu.

Done.

How to use it:

To Upload:

Rightclick a picture and in the contextmenu select Automator>Imageshack. It will show you in the

statusbar when the pic is upped and the link is already in your clipboard, ready to paste.

You won't even notice that there is an upload going on. Just paste it when it is up.

Who's the man:

althrough I extended the workflow for you, the main script was taken from this guy on the wonderful

website Automator World, where you can find over a hundred scripts for automator. Check them all out,

there is a script for everyone :superman:

http://www.automatorworld.com/archives/imageshack-uploader/

:)

Looks like this is a creative day for you :)

Thanks for this, too :superman:

How to install it:

1. Download the Action and drag it into Automator. (You will see the green "+" sign at your pointer)

2. Download the attached automator Script from here and click it. imageshacker.zipIn Automator save it as a PlugIn, name it "Imageshacker" (or whatever you want) and select "Finder from the pulldownmenu.

Done.

I added a line I forgot :)