After 10.4.8 update thinkpad is unbootabe!

Valyz

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

I posted a few days ago about having some problems with a partition error, but i've resolved that.

Now I have a new problem.

After updating from JaS 10.4.7 to JaS 10.4.8 on my thinkpad t60p, the OS is completely unbootable.

I cannot boot into single user mode, nor can I boot into safe mode.

When I attempt to boot into safe mode apple screen comes up, then it crashes and restarts.

When I attempt to boot into single user it loads all the drivers then crashes and restarts.

I tried repairing disk and repairing permissions, neither worked.

I have no idea what to do because without single user mode, I can't even change around any settings.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

I had a similar probelm...and as no-one else has answered I thought I'd tell ya! ;o)

If you did the 10.4.8 update on line from Apple and on a Hackintosh, you're screwed.... Reinstall. And dont use official updates again :))

If you didnt do that, then I dunno! Sorry!

try booting from your JaS 10.4.7 disc, open Disk Utility and try to repair the disk under 'First Aid'.

EDIT: you might also be able to mount the disk read/write by opening Terminal after booting from the DVD.

Hi Valyz,

I just placed my order for a THinkPad T60p this week!

Can you give me a detailed description of how OSx86 has worked on the system? I want to use it as my main OS- how has it been?

What tutorials did you use?

Thanks!!!

-3nigma

EDIT: Also, can you post your details on the ThinkPad forums? www.thinkpads.com

There's a seperate forum specifically for OS X on a ThinkPad. Thanks again!