Conexant CX20724 - Problems with microphone.

slinso

31 posts in this topic

Hello vit9696,

The report is meant to contain:

1. HP Elitebook G3 840 / HP 8079 KBC Version 85.61
2. Conexant CX20724
3. 3
4. 10.11.5
5. Please see attachment.

HDEF@1F,3 = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Layout, hex: 0x00000003 , dec: 3

PinConfigurations:

1010210220001791f001f040301081024000a69040102104f001f040f001f040f001f040f001f040

Codecs Found: 1

HDA:

0 CodecAddress:0x0

VendorID: 0x14f150f4

RevisionID: 0x100101

CodecID: 351359220

Revision(dec):=1048833

Id=0x50f4

Id(dec)=20724

Vendor=0x14f1

Vendor(dec)=5361

What works:

Mic + internal speakers

What not works:

Headphones

When i plug in the headphones nothing happens. Could you check it please or give me some advice how i can proceed here?

I also tried voodooHDA (ok this is a different story) and there the autoswitch is not working - i have not problem with that - but the headphones will work.

Thanks in advance!

Info.plist.zip

Hello vit9696,

2. Conexant CX20724

3. 3

4. 10.11.5

PinConfigurations:

1010210220001791f001f040301081024000a69040102104f001f040f001f040f001f040f001f040

HDA:

Id=0x50f4

Id(dec)=20724

Vendor=0x14f1

Vendor(dec)=5361

What works:

Mic + internal speakers

What not works:

Headphones

When i plug in the headphones nothing happens. Could you check it please or give me some advice how i can proceed here?

I also tried voodooHDA (ok this is a different story) and there the autoswitch is not working - i have not problem with that - but the headphones will work.

Thanks in advance!

This is Mirone's codec. Ask him for help. AppleALC resources was taken from this kext http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/548-applehda-for-conexanta-cx20724-10114/

Hello vit9696,

2. Conexant CX20724

3. 3

4. 10.11.5

PinConfigurations:

HDA:

Id=0x50f4

Id(dec)=20724

Vendor=0x14f1

Vendor(dec)=5361

What works:

Mic + internal speakers

What not works:

Headphones

Thanks in advance!

PM Me with Codec_dump so we can fix it , this thread is only related to AppleALC , no AppleHDA Corrections 

• Like 1

PM Me with Codec_dump so we can fix it , this thread is only related to AppleALC , no AppleHDA Corrections 

And why? Mirone has its own thread for this. Since is the Author you don't think that is more correct this way? Also my Mum is able to fix headphones if someone else has already done 99% of the job. 

• Like 2

And why? Mirone has its own thread for this. Since is the Author you don't think that is more correct this way? Also my Mum is able to fix headphones if someone else has already done 99% of the job. 

this just need little correction why just we bug @Mirone  Post #412, already this codec is working 99% as we know , im just supporting him , anything wrong in this ?? 

Firstly this is fully working for one of my friend's Mobo, so is not a bug, but simply was done and tested on other hardware.

Secondly me an Mirone have an app called AppleHDA Patcher.app that contains this patch among all others.

Well me and Mirone are not losing a lot of hours of our free time making patches and codes, begging friends to have borrowed their PC to make tests, or also buy new hardware, So you don't think that is correct to say, like also vandroiy2012 said, "go to ask Author", that is the owner and the creator, and is waiting for feedback, instead to let finish a work that is not your, in a private message unaware of Mirone??

Is not that clear? You think that is not among our rights pretend this?

Is not that clear? You think that is not among our rights pretend this?

you can confirm with Mirone i never played with his rights i always ask him .. even if i fix his pactches then communicates with him ..

me an Mirone have an app called AppleHDA Patcher.app that contains this patch among all others.

Well me and Mirone are not losing a lot of hours of our free time making patches and codes, begging friends to have borrowed their PC to make tests, or also buy new hardware

FYKI i need codec_dump of Connexant codec for more research why CX20590 mic is not working with mirone patch or my or anyone else patch , its been many months im continously working on it and Mirone is knowing this ..

after working so many months i succeeded in getting Static Noise from it but still no audio ,still have a hope we will fix this but don't want to loose it.

i never holds a laptop neither have a friend circle to borrow for testing nor have enough money to buy it 

so i though to ask someone holds it will be better 

like also vandroiy2012 said, "go to ask Author", that is the owner and the creator, and is waiting for feedback

have you seen how could mirone get not notified about bcoz my post is  too late after vandroiy post , there was no intension behind like you are thinking , otherwise i will not use open thread like AppleALC instead of PM 

its not clear ?? 

after working so many months i succeeded in getting Static Noise from it but still no audio 

you can confirm with Mirone i never played with his rights i always ask him .. even if i fix his pactches then communicates with him ..

Already done, can't confirm, sorry.

My point of view remains that an Author should be informed first if a problem with its work is found, like normally should be, in this case here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293863-applehda-patch-requests/page-1. for me that's all.

• Like 1

Already done, can't confirm, sorry.

My point of view remains that an Author should be informed first if a problem with its work are, like normally should be, in this case here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293863-applehda-patch-requests/page-1. for me that's all.

i haven't received any PM from user  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  that's why not contacted mirone  , you can use your Admin (Mod Power ) to see im not saying lie 

My point of view remains that an Author should be informed first if a problem with its work are, like normally should be, in this case here

+1

you can use your Admin (Mod Power ) to see im not saying lie 

I can't, I don't want, not necessary.. don't care. You can do all you want in a PM ;). Was only my thought about correctness when publicy manipulate other people works.

You can do all you want in a PM

if will did that our discussion doesn't exist , i never did and will do  :yes:  :yes:

Was only my thought about correctness when publicy manipulate other people works.

same here , but if someone has wrong intension won't go publically 

• Like 1

@InsanelyDeepak,

What Micky this mean to you is that you can not

pick up something I already did all the hard work and take each other by simply having corrected the headset, a while ago I

I worked hard to correct Combo Jack ALC280 I did when no one else did, and it took many tests, I'll give you an example this same ALC280 headphones on another notebook

and this problem should be the same for CX20724 furthermore

I'm already dealing with this issue in the appropriate topic.

@InsanelyDeepak,

What Micky this mean to you is that you can not
pick up something I already did all the hard work and take each other by simply having corrected the headset, a while ago I
I worked hard to correct Combo Jack ALC280 I did when no one else did, and it took many tests, I'll give you an example this same ALC280 headphones on another notebook
and this problem should be the same for CX20724 furthermore
I'm already dealing with this issue in the appropriate topic.

Yeah mirone i got micky point , also told what was my point 

i know how much time is take to Patch a AppleHDA for fully working , sometime strange codecs like CX20590 needs continues working like im doing 

i'm not in favour of picking someone HardWork just sort of little correction ..

• Like 2

Well, this is really weird.

I cannot remember that i opened that topic. I only posted in vit9696 (1x - but cannot find it anymore )thread and in Mirones thread. 

Also the headline is wrong, because the main problem are the headphones.

At the moment i am with voodooHDA, but the quality is a mess :( The last 4 AppleHDA Mirone posted had the same problem:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293863-applehda-patch-requests/page-21?do=findComment&comment=2245330

Thanks for your help!

//EDIT: I use RM hotpatch method. So this are the files which have to do with audio:

config.plist

SSDT-4x0-G3-Skylake.aml

AppleALC or Mirones patched AppleHDA - no difference.

Internal Speakers and Mic are working fine.

Headphone is not recognized after plug in.

post-1338727-0-25594700-1467376571_thumb.png

plist+aml.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Mirone have expressed his wish to get rid off all the AppleHDA patching tasks : 

I'm sorry but I retired for things AppleHDA  for a while(or maybe forever).

Source: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311293-applealc-—-dynamic-applehda-patching/page-34#entry2251204

Moreover the dedicated patching thread is locked : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293863-applehda-patch-requests/page-1

As a consequence we now have to deal with AppleHDA patching by ourselves.

Then, I'd like to thank you Mirone for all his hard work during several years on AppleHDA !

Concerning the Conexant CX20724 patching problems, I've found the official datasheet with the block diagram : http://conexant.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/DS_CX20724.pdf

I encounter the same problem : Internal speakers and microphones are perfectly working but the combo jack does not detect my headphones.

It seems to me that platforms.xml is a bit buggy with those 4 Paths :

20-26, 19-25-27, 22-16 and 23-17

in hex and with informations from the blocks diagram :

14-1A Internal Stereo Microphone

13-19-1B ??? nonsense ???

16-10 Jack HP Line Out (not working since it should be the combo jack line in ?)

17-11 Internal CLASS_D Amp

I joined my AppleHDA.kext (layout5.zml is in use and is associated to Platforms.zml/7) and many other useful files

Other problems :

1) Vol+ and Vol- hotkeys work fine but the Mute key does not : the mute splash screen is shown but the sound is not muted. The mute option is grayed in System Preferences/Sound

2) Sound Level in the menubar and showed on Vol+/Vol- does not seems to be linked at all (but both of them acts on the real sound volume)

codec_dump.svg.zip

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I have the same Problems with my HP 840G3 and CX20724.

The Mute Key don't work and Option in SystemPef./Sound is greyed.

With Layout ID 3 my Headphone Jack 1/8" Output on the HP Dockingstation HP D9Y23AA works perfekt, but the Combo Jack on the EliteBook not.

With Layout ID13 my Headphone Jack 1/8" Output on the HP Dockingstation HP D9Y23AA dosn´t work, but the Combo Jack 1/8" shows with Apple Earpods Output=Headphones / Input=Line-In but no Mic. 

Anyone a Idea?

Edited by Titanius

Hello,

The Mute Key don't work and Option in SystemPef./Sound is greyed.

With Layout ID 3 my Headphone Jack on the HP Dockingstation works but the Combo Jack on the EliteBook not.

With Layout ID13 my Headphone Jack on the HP Dockingstation dosn't work but the Combo Jack shows with Apple Earpods Output Headphones / Input Line-In 

Anyone a Idea?

codec_dump please , so we can fix it up 

try this attachicon.gifcx20724-AppleALC.zip

layout_ID = 13 

I test all 3 Version. All the same result as the AppleALC.kext from (vit9696 V1.0.13 ) with Layout 13

I see all Pinconfigs in every Version (v1, v2, v3) of AppleALC.kext Layout ID 13 are the same. Is this right?

with Layout 13

Audio Out 1/8" on my DockingStation don´t work  :( 

Combo Jack 1/8" on EliteBook 4 Pin Earpods System Pef./Audio/Output shows Headphones but System Pef./Audio/Input shows Line-In and no Mic Level

Mute in System Pef./Audio forever not active (gray)

OP maker issue fixed that's layout13 is exist 

above codec_dump you posted is will suit layout13 

Audio Out 1/8" on my DockingStation don´t work   :( 

Combo Jack 1/8" on EliteBook 4 Pin Earpods System Pef./Audio/Output shows Headphones but System Pef./Audio/Input shows Line-In and no Mic Level

unable to understand ? 

Headphone = not Working 

Mic int = not Working  ? 

Ext Mic (line-in) = not working ? 

OP maker issue fixed that's layout13 is exist

above codec_dump you posted is will suit layout13

with Layout 13

Headphone on Notebook = Working

Headphone on Dockingstation = not Working

Mic int = Working

Ext Mic (line-in) = not working but shows Line-In when Headset connect.

Mute = not working

with Layout 3

Headphone on Notebook = not Working

Headphone on Dockingstation = Working

Mic int = Working

Mute = not working

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I am having the same issue. Any chance to get the external mic with headphones working? I need it for Skype calls. Thanks!

With Layout 3 or 13:

Internal Speakers = Working

Internal Mic = Working
Headphones  = Working
Mute = not working

Hello,

My Problems are still.

with Layout 13

Headphone on Notebook = Working

Headphone on Dockingstation = not Working

Mic int = Working

Mute = not working

with Layout 3

Headphone on Notebook = not Working

Headphone on Dockingstation = Working

Mic int = Working

Mute = not working

Please Help us