How to boot my EL Capitan Installation?

maltex

31 posts in this topic

I installed 10.11.5 on my system by USB Installer, works!
System reboots, using USB to boot, enter neccesary flags and system reboots...

How to Boot into the System? Wrong Kernel? I use the latest Kernel from Hackingtosh RU site, which is 10.11.4

Yosemite 10.10.5 works perfectly.

See my Videos, maybe someone can help me out.

My System:

AMD Phenom II X6 Core T1090
ASRocks Mainboard
8GB DDR3 Ram
500GB SATA

Better news for today: 10.11.5

Installation from HDD started after entering kernel flags, but System only runs in Save-Mode completly through. Stops by booting normal up into screen: Bluetooth... also no Ethernet, Sound etc... Mouse and Keyboard are working fine (can only run in Safemode).

One more thing: I am running Yosemite and EL Capitain on the same HDD with Enoch

Any help please. THNX

Ok don't boot with -x use nv_disable=1 to boot and to install the Web Drivers which you can download with this app, www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/474-nvidia®-webdriver-updaterapp/

Once installed you can boot with nvda_drv=1 and you should be good to go ;)

Can i also use an other kernel? I have a ASRock 760GM-GS3, using a Realtek RTL8111E LAN, Audio is a Realtek ALC662 Audio Codec, under Windows and Linux i am using the screen speaker due HDMI

Yes you can use another if you want as long as it's for 10.11.x Try the one I've attached. It's one of my kernels.

Look here for your ethernet, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/

For audio I don't think you can use AppleHDA due to the AMD chipset so try this version of VoodooHDA,

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

kernel.zip

So far so happy, for the moment. ethernet not working right now

System boots up better, with the kernel you send me. Cant find any ethernet kext

Any suggestions?

b1e5615b92880e1264e3c639a8e7f384.jpg

Update:

Network is working, Sound is working

36bb317e884bfa110b030a0cac1870a7.jpg

After graphics installation...

72b1b4d08dab15a5f8d1b276bd8f4d61.jpg

Nextstep is to backup by timemachine, recover installed programs, delete yosemite, speedup system, being happy

Congrats glad your system is working well :)

Without your help, i wouldn't get pass it, thnx a lot

Where are your kexts installed to for example, System/Library/Extensions?

If so then remove -f and/or UseKernelCache=No from your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and run these commands in terminal,

sudo chown root:admin /
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

It will load the caches with the AMD kernel and all your kexts which will help with boot speeds. 

• Like 1

Congrats glad your system is working well :)

One more thing, how to create a recovery partition to finish this project?

Nextstep is to backup by timemachine, recover installed programs, delete yosemite, speedup system, being happy

Without your help, i wouldn't get pass it, thnx a lot

Where are your kexts installed to for example, System/Library/Extensions?

If so then remove -f and/or UseKernelCache=No from your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and run these commands in terminal,

sudo chown root:admin /sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernelsudo kextcache -system-caches
It will load the caches with the AMD kernel and all your kexts which will help with boot speeds.
Ithink will do this, after having only 1 system on my hdd

The recovery partition will already be there but unfortunately you won't be able to use it due to the custom kernel.

Yes saw it right now. One more thing is to unmount all NTFS partitions which are there, trying in fstab, but there is no UUID, also trying the partition names, all there after boot. Wish to unmount them during boot.

One more problem, i can't boot into my USB Installer with mouse support. Keyboard works, but Mouse not.

Need this to restore my system. I tried your fix from an other post, but no success. It told me "Waiting for root device"

Tried different flags. Just boots with the  normal installer kexts

and how to switch with an normal keyboard between windows in USB Installer?

Let me explain, started terminal, enter command to start time machine backup, then i need to switch between windows (terminal and time machine backup), but how?

Yes tried USBfix=yes, have already installed the usb fix v3. USB works in System but not into installer. tried different ports,nada... With normal keyboard i wanted to switch between shell and time machine backup. I have already a clean backup, all i want is to use the time machine backup to restore

e491349093c827f6dfdd9806a0e953b8.jpg

Maybe it is possible to minimize the active terminal window, to gain access to time machine backup