Help needed with Clover v2.3k special edition v2 app+ more :)

tarq71

3 posts in this topic

This is a follow on regarding installation of an Nvidia GTX570 device-id (0x108610DE) for Yosemite and El Cap.

Webdriver 334.01.03f01 is on desktop as is Clover installer (the version above for El cap and Yosemite).

In the Nvidea forum I was told 2 ways to install the video card with Clover, being-

1/ "InjectNvidia=true".

2/ "With Clover FakeID device-id 0x108110DE".

LOL, the problem being that Clover is, as recommended, installed on a 32Gb USB stick and I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what to do with it! There are so many packages and applications on the 'stick' I am bewildered :) Thus need somewhere within Insanelymac that explains what to DO with Clover once you have it semi ready to go, or directions of a website that tells what to do with it.

Maybe there exists simpler versions of Clover and I have installed the one for the computer geniuses?

In anycase some help would be greatly appreciated.

Rgds....

Not a video....

This regards installation of an Asus NVIDIA GTX 570 PCIexpress card. It is NOT EFI configured thus needs drivers! Plus I think I have to install the drivers separately for both Yosemite and Mavericks. The Win7 partition was simple, just downloaded the drivers from NVIDIA.

Think I found something within the site and my mistake! Oh woe I think the USB '32Gb stick' :) should have been formatted through 'terminal' with OS X applications loaded.

The whole procedure is somewhat more complicated than I anticipated, especially seeing I have never touched a Mac until 3 weeks ago.