No audio On Quicktime

Vishwas

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have successfully installed 10.4.7 on my PC and it works like a charm. However, I was unable to play video files earlier. So I downloaded DivX codecs and tweaked AGP 3D Rendering (Callisto Stuff). Now, the video works, but I dont have audio. I am able to play mp3s and other audio sounds using iTunes and it works like a charm too. The iTunes visualizations are also working great after the Callisto tweak. I just cant get quicktime to play audio. All other audio works.... can anyone help me? :D

Oh..and I have Realtek AC'97 audio onboard.

Hi All,

I checked the problem and I discovered that Quicktime is not able to play the audio only for a particular file. I guess I am missing some audio / video codecs? I have installed DivX. How do I determine what codec is requierd to play the file? Do I use G - Spot Codec Detector??

Worked like a charm McSkyWalker!!! You're a genius!!! Thanks... you had no idea how much i had searched for this. The problem was that I had a PowerPC component installed on my Intel :angel: ... the link you provided had the universal component... thanks a LOT!

No problem, happy to see it works for you, but I think it was already in JaS 10.4.7 DVD.. :angel: sorry to skip that, anyway

Cheers :D