Help for Post-Installation - Z170 Deluxe/i7 6700K/GTX 980

phramenma

2 posts in this topic

"I'm new here. Will you show me around?"

Hello everyone.

I've been reading around the forum for a couple of weeks now, trying to get a system that'll suit my needs.
So here are my parts:
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Intel i7 6700K
ASUS GeForce STRIX GTX 980

El Capitan (10.11.4) is installed and running.
The Mac is configured as an iMac17,1.

Attached you can find my KextsToPatch and DSDT entries, as well as the PCI List – if that helps regarding my questions.
post-1691591-0-23205700-1459354153_thumb.jpg
post-1691591-0-67684000-1459354155_thumb.jpg
post-1691591-0-23278400-1459354144_thumb.jpg

1) Audio (ALC1150 Codec)
Audio is working fine using a modified AppleHDA and realtekALC Kexts. 
Would "audio_cloverALC-110.command" be the better option?
Unfortunately HDMI is still not showing up, but I haven't used "audio_cloverHDMI-110.command" either.
Do I need this or should it be working already?

2) Bluetooth (BCM94360HMB)
I have installed the "BrcmPatchRAM" and Bluetooth is now enabled. Unfortunately it's not finding any Devices. Did I miss something?

3) Power Management
I have installed the SSDT-i7-6700K.aml. How do I see, if it's working?

4) Video
If I want to use Intel HD 530 integrated graphics, do I still have to edit this in the config.plist? And could I change the use of graphic card when running the system? Or how does it work? I am just curious if the integrated graphics would save me a lot of energy while just browsing and doing casual stuff – and if I need to do some video editing or gaming I could just switch to the GTX 980?

5) SSDT Configuration
Furthermore I want to configure the correct ports for my motherboard (by creating a modified SSDT) to disable (uia_excude) the not used ones and stay under the 15 port limit. Does anyone have a modified SSDT config for the Motherboard (Asus Z170 Deluxe)?
Do I have to change ACPI in MaciASL (4.0, 5.0A, 5.1 or 6.1)?

6) iMessage
Is there an ultimate guide to the iMessage-Fix? Because there are so many guides around saying different things, that I am easily confused.
Here's what I did. I'd be glad if someone could tell me wether I did fine or not.
First of all I created a correct Serial Number and Board Serial Number (which seems to be linked to the Serial Number) with "Pandora's Box".
Then I generated the MLB (via Rt Variables) and chose "UseMacAddr0" for ROM.
SmUUID is left empty and "Inject System ID" checked (via System Parameters).
These steps should also work with "Clover Configurator". But for me it doesn't generate a Board Serial Number linked to the Serial Number...
Should I generate an SmUUID via "uuidgen" and insert the last variables in ROM? Or will the above mentioned method work fine?

Sorry for all these questions and hopefully there will be someone who could help me out.
Thank you very much in advance and all the best!

• 4 weeks later...

1) Yes the audio_cloverALC-110.command is a better option. I never bothered with HDMI audio so I wouldn't know.

2) You need to read on the Bluetooth WIFI cards posts related to handoff and imessage before attempting to get this working.

3) Please follow up on my post here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311934-gigabyte-z170m-d3h-6700k-build-pm/?hl=%2B6700k&do=findComment&comment=2234330

I think this is the most important thing to get working on a system. Other things like BT and audio & graphics have alternatives but there's no substitute for Skylake 6700K  and a Z170. Also please put in your signature so we know what your hardware exactly is and you'll not have to mention it on all posts.

4) I don't think one can use both the internal graphics & the NVIDIA card simultaneously. The drivers loaded are either or & not switchable on the fly. As of 10.11.4, HD530 is working fully on my system with QE and CI and no problems as such but I still need to observe long term to make a definitive remark.

5) The approach i take here is if it ain't broke I'll be happy revving, so I just patch to remove the 15 port limit and if it all works okay I move on. So far things are working okay on my system but my priority is PM.

6) Sorry can't help with this one. It's last on my list as I don't imessage anyone.

Thanks