Shuuins

Help needed with Nvidia OS X El Capitan "Newest update"

1 post in this topic

Okay so from a post on tonymax86 forum.

There is a fix for the black screen problem when installing the Webdrivers and updating....

You need to connect in your host and to make modification of the Info.plist file which is on the way

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/

In this file you look for Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = Config1 line and you replace it with Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = none

Save.

You do update cache, for example by Kext Utility.
Reboot

( This post is copied from another post/forum. )

I followed that guide and now my Desktop boots with graphics card but now!

I was able to boot into the system without any flags....
But it was still flickering when i clicked "Enter" on login, Graphics was bad, not even 1920x1080 (FHD).

The "About Mac" when you click on the apple icon says "Nvidia Chip 5MB" when i have a "GTX 780 TI 3GB"

I do not know what to do now, i have only been using Hackintosh for 24 hours, have had so many problems and now it's only the graphics card that wont work normally....

Should i uninstall the Webdrivers, if how ?

Check out the post i linked to if more info is needed!

I have the newest update for OS X El Capitan. Ask for more information :)

System info:
Chipset: Intel B85 / Asus BIOS

Using: Clover

CPU: i5 4690k
GPU: GTX 780 TI
RAM: 16GB

Edited by Shuuins
tonymacx86 link removed

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bastiaanPOWER
      hello!

i'm really interested in converting my current configuration to a hackintosh!
      Now i already know that running mac oSX on an AMD processor is really hard.. so i decided that i want to invest in buying a new motherboard and cpu!

now this is my current configuration:

AMD phenom ii X4 965. Black edition @3,7ghz +coolermaster hyper 212 evo
      Asus M4N68T LE V2 motherboard
      Xfx radeon Hd 6870 DD edition
      8GB of 1333 mhz RAM memory
      550 watt PSU

Now what motherboard+CPU do i buy?! and will this config work flawlessly then?!

my budget is around 350 euro's total(thats about 475 us dollars)!

any advice is greatly appreaciated

have a good one!

• By Peter Wrotniak
      Hello there!

Yes I know there's google and I was using it much lately, though I'm really new to Hackintoshes and would be grateful for any help.

So after many hours spent and cried at my desk I have finally made my USB working(cause I couldn't boot with USB enabled in BIOS) and so I bought usbWifi card and got this thing working. I have removed some kext files and after few or more tries I'm able to boot normally without -x flag (it takes some time, if there's any way to boot with kernel cache use please let me know

I'm running 10.8.2

1) Graphics
      I heard that it is possible to make nVidia GT 650m work if Intel HD 4000 had been somehow disabled - can't do it in bios, there's no such option. Yes I have installed the latest bios before trying Hackintosh.

However here getting any video card fully working would be very appreciated - I'm having strong lags while using LaunchPad and can't watch any video some webpages same thing. System Info is telling me UKNOWN graphic card 64 mb shared system memory. I have tried many kext, bootflags and device-properties in chameleon, deleted all nvidia files. It just doesn't work.

Only one good thing here is I have set resolution to 1920x1080 (full hd screen) with "Graphics Mode" flag.

2) Audio
      I got Intel HD Audio. I have tried VooDooHda many versions, can't get it working.

Thank you in advance for any help, I've made much effort and willing to try anything that could help.
      I've exported DSDT as far as I have understood what it is it can help so I'm attaching it.