Installing El Capitan with clover!

algady

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Recently I've managed to install Yosemite on my AMD base computer and it worked really nicely. now I want to install El capitan and I want use clover but the problem is that I don't know how to make clover upload my patched AMD kernel!

I mean after I download the kernel where should i save it so that clover can use it?

And what is about other clover settings that I have to change?

By the way I managed to install clover in my 32GB USB and I tested it and it looks ok.

My system is:

-CPU     :AMD FX 9590

-MOBO :Crosshair V Formula-Z

-RAM    :16 GB DDR3

-Graphics: 2X SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB

- 120 GB SSD

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask!

Thanks

Enclosed driver package for El Capitan, add the kernel to the folder /10.11/ (already inserted) and put the kernel into System/Library/kernels/

I think that you need to put these in your config.plist:

<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
    </dict>

...bootargs without "kext-dev-mode=1 Rootless=1"

... your two AMD Radeon graphics cards are already integrated in the config.plist from Yosemite.

10.11.zip

• Like 1

Enclosed driver package for El Capitan, add the kernel to the folder /10.11/ (already inserted) and put the kernel into System/Library/kernels/

I think that you need to put these in your config.plist:

<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
    </dict>

...bootargs without "kext-dev-mode=1 Rootless=1"

... your two AMD Radeon graphics cards are already integrated in the config.plist from Yosemite.

First, thank you for your reply.

Sorry to ask as I'm still really new here, my usb (after clover installed) has one empty folder called "EFI-Backups" and one file called "Install OS X El Capitan" is that what should I get after installing clover in my usb? if so where exactly each file that you attached should go?

Thanks

yes...

(I am not very familiar with Clover) if you have installed clover in the esp, then install  efi mounter.app, either here on insaneleymac or on osx86.com so you can see and open the hidden efi partition, then open the folder into clover, then make the adjustments

.... and create the folder kernels ===> System/Library/kernels ..... and here add the kernel that I have added into the package (but only the amd kernel)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm new to AMD hackintoshing. I have two successful Intel installs using Clover. I have the El Capitan 10.11.4 downloaded from the mac store and i have created a usb installer using terminal and added clover as the boot loader. I just can't figure out where the System/Library folder is that i'm supposed to put the kernel in ?