2 posts in this topic

Hi there,

im currently upgrading my System and i'm looking for a new/better Graphics Card to get rid of my old GT640. I had Nvidia Cards my entire life now, so I got used to them, but I've heard that AMD Radeon Graphics Cards aren't that bad either. And they are cheap, as I heard xD

But I have really no clue where to start.

I'm looking for a Graphics Card somewhere around 200€. It should be compatible with OSX 10.11 and support the newest Games on Windows with a decent resolution. But I don't need to play Games on Ultimate haha.

Im currently using both the dedicated NVIDIA and the integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600 simultaneously. So this also should be possible :)

Has someone an Idea which Graphics Card would be the best?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SAMEH209
      I've successfully installed High Sierra (10.13.0) on my system using Clover:
      2x Intel Xeon E5410
      16GB Ram
      GTX 950
      Everything is running fine except the GPU. I've tried the web driver's latest version and 378.10.10.10.25.106 but both are very laggy/sluggish.
      I've also tried installing Lilu and nVidiaGraphicsFixUp kexts but they didn't change anything.
      Have someone managed to make this card work with High Sierra?
    • By rvxtm
      Hello,

Maybe i am the only one seeing this or maybe i am doing something wrong but my resize animation performance in HS 10.13.5 is terrible.
      I did a clean install of 10.13.5, installed the latest nvidia drivers 387.10.10.10.35.106. 
      My GPU is a GTX1060 connected via DP to a 4k display.
      Now, the issue, when i open an empty TextEdit for example, if i drag the corner of the window to make it larger, it lags more and more as the size increases.
      I also have Adobe Audition CC installed for my work, the interface is very slow compared to the windows version (my 2011 macbook pro is much faster, but it's not 4k).
      Is there a known issue when running 4k on nvidia web drivers ?
      It's very frustrating because i've been using custom machines with 1080p displays and nvidia cards since Snow Leopard, but i was always butter smooth.

Thanks.

• By JohnCenaTheMemeMachine
      I'm not expecting too much help, but if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

I recently got my Hackintosh running on macOS 10.14, and went to install the graphics drivers for my Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti. My setup is a little different, so here it is:

Screen 1 Screen 2 Screen 3

Screen 1 and 2 are both connected to my 750 Ti, whereas screen 3 is connected to my iGPU, with is an intel HD 4600. The intel GPU works like a charm, just as it did under High Sierra.

Now, I got the Nvidia Web drivers to "work" by removing any traces via the "Web Driver Toolkit" that others have recommended. I then patched the installer, installed it, rebooted, patched the installed drivers, and rebooted again, where the drivers are at their current state.

This is where things get interesting though. All 3 monitors are recognized. My GPU is recognized in my system profiler. However, it is NOT able to be used to run a compute in Geekbench, meaning that GPU acceleration is obviously disabled. The other thing that doesn't work, is, well, the 2 monitors connected to the GPU. They are set to the correct resolution and refresh rates, and are recognized in System Preferences, and I can even drag things between the different desktops.

But I can only see my cursor. The screens are totally black, and I can't see anything on them except my cursor moving across them. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance!

Specs:
      Asrock B85M-Pro4 Motherboard
      Intel Core i5-4690 CPU
      Intel HD 4600 GPU 1
      Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU 2
      iMac 15,1 SMBIOS

Here is a picture of what happens
      https://imgur.com/gallery/lWTLWlw

My clover and EFI folders are attached
      EFI.zip
    • By Abz79
      up guys,
      I've been hockintoshing for a long while, since Leopard to be exact and last week I replaced my Nvidia 9600GT with a brand new 1050 Ti...
      I have a Lion and El Capitan both were running fine before the 1050 Ti arrived, I read that my new Geforce needs new drivers that are readily supported by Sierra and High sierra.
      So I deleted Capitano and installed High Sierra 10.13 using Niresh distro. All went well and smooth and all my hardware was recognized the only problem left is this:
      My Nvidia driver "WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.121" installs well with SIP enabled (aka 0x0 with clover) and after reboot the system is perfect with Nvidia web driver running fine
      However after rebooting the Default slow OSX graphics driver is loaded and stays that way until I resinstall the web driver....

It's very annoying, I just can't make it work, I've been reading posts and tutorials for more that a week, nothing works, help is needed

Things I've tried already:
      1. Boot using different clover revisions as old as 3911 and as new as 3509 (the latest)
      2. Tried with clover in the EFI partion and/or Boot partition
      3. Tried using different combos of nvda_drv,, nvidia webdriver, inject stuff (all possible combos in boot and graphics settings)
      4. Tried all available kext (Lilu, Nvidia fixup, Nvidiaegpusupport, NVlibvalfix..) single and combos - in clover kext folder and L/E folder
      5. Tried all different NVram recommendation - problem persisted even when nvram.plist is present or not
      6. Tried running the postscripts from the driver installer pkg
      7. Tried installing the driver via webdriver.sh
      8. Fixing permissions and what not
      And maybe other stuff that I forgot

Things to note:
      When the graphics web driver loads fine KCPM kext utility works fine too but when the default driver is loaded KPCM warns that B0 and B1 SIP options are not enabled even though they are when I test csrutil status
      So I'm somehow thinking of a bug in Clover not applying the SIP restrictions correctly
      I don't know what happens when the driver is reinstalled that makes it work after reboot for 1 time only (I've went through all the pre post scripts in the installer and didn't find anything magical)

It seems nothings works except reinstalling the driver - nothing else matters
      I'm almost pulling my hair - haven't faced such a problem since a very long time
      Any advice is greatly appreciated

Abz