Problem at the end of installation

jordygreen

4 posts in this topic

ok well i install mac os x JaS 10.4.7 good until the end when it says to reboot it just wont reboot the little working animation stays there for ages. i tried rebooting myself then it just came up on teh screen with lots of white words and code.

My specs are :

AMD Athlon 64 Venice 3500+

ASUS A8N SLI-SE

ATI Sapphire Radeon X1600Pro 256mb

1GB RAM

Yes i did apply the AMD Patch to the kernel and multi combo one.

What could cause this to happening?

Hey Jordy,

I had this same problem, where if finishes installing and it says that it will restart. Then you see the grey wheel spinning at the bottom of the screen but it doesn't really restart?

I have no idea why OSX doesn't restart when it says that it will but after you force the restart by pushing the restart on your computer, the white code-looking text is normal. Doe's the text scroll down and show more text? The white text is OSX running through the startup process. When you get to desktop, you can edit the startup file for "Quiet Boot", so that it shows the Apple logo during startup, instead of the white text. In short, I don't know why the install won't restart but the white text is normal and let it run as long as it needs to. Post any sort of errors you get, but the white should run for a bit and then the OSX desktop should appear.

I hope this helps. Please post any more questions you have.