error after installation

mahip

4 posts in this topic

well, i am getting an error after installing MAC OS X and i dont know wat is wrong.

After the Mac is installed, wen it reboots, it shows "error in operating system" or "no operating system found".

though the partition where i have installed Mac is active.

i have installed Mac once, but due some reason, had to remove that.

please help me out......

Mahip.

Are you sure you set it active? That error sounds like there is not active partition.

If it is active, then it might not of installed properly as it couldn't find the OS on it that is bootable. Are you dual-booting? With what OSs (OSes?). If your just putting it on a whole hard drive then you have to use Gparted (It's free, and Acronis is not) to format the drive as fat32 and then again in Disk Utility and then as HFS+ Journalled in Disk utility also.

Are you sure you set it active? That error sounds like there is not active partition.

If it is active, then it might not of installed properly as it couldn't find the OS on it that is bootable. Are you dual-booting? With what OSs (OSes?). If your just putting it on a whole hard drive then you have to use Gparted (It's free, and Acronis is not) to format the drive as fat32 and then again in Disk Utility and then as HFS+ Journalled in Disk utility also.

well, i am using dual booting with windows-home edition. and i used bootable sdisk to make the mac partition active, and tht partition in a primary one. well, there is no error while installation.

well, as u said, is it necessary to first format the partition as fat32 and then to hfs+, cause i had directly formated the partiton as hfs+.